Windows Critical Process Failed

Lalisa

So I managed to made my PC work when I encounter this issue...

But right now, I'm facing another one when my PC (Win10) suddenly have bsod Critical Process Failed

What happened before it was:

1. I tried to put my PC to Sleep but it doesn't work and it just restarting so...

2. I updated windows and drivers

3. The sleep function now works but my "Autodesk Maya"  suddenly got stuck on loading and I've read that sometimes windows update is the culprit so...

4. I used system restore to revert back when I updated everything.

5. When it was successfull, I tried putting the PC to sleep again and that's it. I got BSOD Critical Process Failed

I've tried Resetting it in Win RE but I'm getting "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made"

Also tried this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4026030/how-to-use-windows-recovery-environment-winre-to-troubleshoot-common-s#:~:text=Start the system from the,%2C select Next > Command Prompt.

but I'm stuck with sfc /scannow because I'm getting "Windows Recource protection could not perform the requested operation"

tried system restore in WinRE, but it's not successfull.

tried upgrading using the USB boot but unfornately, it only works when you have successfully logged into windows.

I'm running out of options to try and I don't want to fresh reinstall windows and lose all my data in it 😕

Also, is it normal that the cmd directory showing in WinRE is X:\wndows\system32 ? even though my windows is installed in C ?

17 minutes ago, Lalisa said:

Also, is it normal that the cmd directory showing in WinRE is X:\wndows\system32 ? even though my windows is installed in C ?

Yes because it's not mounted in c when in recovery mode.

It does look like you'll need to find a way to get your data out of the windows machine. You could boot up ubuntu on an USB and try to grab your data from the windows partition.

• 2 weeks later...