Need tips for PC longevity

9 hours ago, warmongerp said:

Myths often are funded on some truth. ;)

The only time I can think of powering a pc on breaking a computer is... if the storage medium was already broken & incapable of reading data & sending it to the cpu/ram. 

10 hours ago, Darkness_Val said:

- To fpo

That's the plan. My first built I let my vanity get the best of me and ended up spending money on really extravagant parts for my skill level, let alone taste, only for it to shit on me 4 months in its life. My biggest changes are the motherboard, PSU and RAM (possibly). If you are interested I'll give you the full specs of my setup along with the changes I will be making

I’m not interested in the specs. 

Tell us

1. What you intend to do with the computer so we know what parts to tell you to get. 

2. What parts you have already so we can tell you what you need so you don’t buy similar parts to what you own. 

3. How much money you want to spend on new parts so we can gauge what to recommend whilst remaining in your budget. 

9 hours ago, warmongerp said:

The act of powering on or off a PC will stress all capacitors ten fold more than constant current from 24/7 ever will (now imagine you power on and off your pc everyday, that poor motherboard..), that's my point.

Again this is not up for debate, pc hardware likes to be on, the more you turn on and off a PC  there is a higher probability you will run into problems as opposed to just leaving in on always.

Is putting your pc to sleep hurting the capacitors like shutting it off does??

1 hour ago, fpo said:

I’m not interested in the specs. 

Tell us

1. What you intend to do with the computer so we know what parts to tell you to get. 

2. What parts you have already so we can tell you what you need so you don’t buy similar parts to what you own. 

3. How much money you want to spend on new parts so we can gauge what to recommend whilst remaining in your budget. 

I game, I stream, I draw comics and doodle and I was looking to get into doing my own video editing. I originally wanted a powerhouse pc that can handle that and pretty much handle anything you can throw at it for a good while too. I'm looking to change my MOBO, my PSU and my RAM but only if needed be, (when my pc crapped, I was told it was either of the 3 culprits and I doubt it's the ram because the RAM didnt give any signs that it was failing so I'm putting money on either the PSU or MOBO) im ditching my X570 Aorus Master for X570 Asus Strix X570-e because the MOBO comes with a lot of the features, flags and whistles that the Master has and I heard Asus has better software and they have a 3 year warranty on their products too. I'm thinking of ditching my NZXT H710 and going with something that has more efficent airflow. I'm thinking Lian Li Lancool II Mesh or Phanteks p500a. All honesty I'm really looking to spend as much as possible but not as much to where I can rebuild the whole thing again. If that doesnt make sense. I was looking at my last build and save a few bucks on different parts but not completely cheap out at the same time