My phone only fast charges with a cable of another brand. But the original cable is fine (tested)

So, a very weird thing happens on my phone.
First, the hardware: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8, 18W fast charging, Snapdragon chip.
Testing device 2: Xiaomi Redmi MiA3, Snapdragon, 18W fast charging.
Chargers: Huawei 18W charger, Xiaomi 10W charger, Sony 18W charger.
So, my phone stopped charging with the Huawei charger (only 700mAh according to Accubattery). I tried the original charger included in the box (only 10W) and the same result. No more than 800mAh.
But, both chargers and both cables (I tried each cable with each charger) work fine with the other phone. The 18W provides fast charging and the other doesn´t. Both giving the expected mAh.
Now, with the Sony cable, my phone charges fine with the Huawei charger (2500 mAh) and with his original charger (not fast charging, only 10W charger).
So, HOW CAN MY PHONE CHARGE FINE WITH ONLY THAT CABLE FORM ANOTHER BRAND, EVEN IF ALL THE CHARGERS AND CABLES WORK FINE WITH ANOTHER PHONE?

it depends on if the quick charge "handshake" which happens from the phone to the charger when it requests more voltage/amps is being recognized or being sent through the cable properly. if it's USB-C there's 20pins and if the phone slow charging is using different pins than the one fast charging to send the request or the cable has a single unfortunate crimped/broken line the charger may not be able to complete the handshake. 

also could be software, have you restarted the phone while its plugged into the fast-charger that stopped working with that phone? it may refresh the request for more power and link it back up to the charger's higher power mode. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

it depends on if the quick charge "handshake" which happens from the phone to the charger when it requests more voltage/amps is being recognized or being sent through the cable properly. if it's USB-C there's 20pins and if the phone slow charging is using different pins than the one fast charging to send the request or the cable has a single unfortunate crimped/broken line the charger may not be able to complete the handshake. 

also could be software, have you restarted the phone while its plugged into the fast-charger that stopped working with that phone? it may refresh the request for more power and link it back up to the charger's higher power mode. 

I even did a factory reset, and also measure the charge time while complete off, and it's the same. The problem is that the "broken cables" charge other phone and another tablet as they should be. And my phone now charges right with this one Sony cable, it doesn't matter with charger is at the end. 

5 hours ago, aleamaro791 said:
So, a very weird thing happens on my phone.
First, the hardware: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8, 18W fast charging, Snapdragon chip.
Testing device 2: Xiaomi Redmi MiA3, Snapdragon, 18W fast charging.
Chargers: Huawei 18W charger, Xiaomi 10W charger, Sony 18W charger.
So, my phone stopped charging with the Huawei charger (only 700mAh according to Accubattery). I tried the original charger included in the box (only 10W) and the same result. No more than 800mAh.
But, both chargers and both cables (I tried each cable with each charger) work fine with the other phone. The 18W provides fast charging and the other doesn´t. Both giving the expected mAh.
Now, with the Sony cable, my phone charges fine with the Huawei charger (2500 mAh) and with his original charger (not fast charging, only 10W charger).
So, HOW CAN MY PHONE CHARGE FINE WITH ONLY THAT CABLE FORM ANOTHER BRAND, EVEN IF ALL THE CHARGERS AND CABLES WORK FINE WITH ANOTHER PHONE?

How does accubattery measure the charge rate? 

Maybe one wire is of lower quality, that phone doesn't like it and knocks it down so it doesn't blow up? 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

On 9/10/2020 at 2:14 AM, Lord Vile said:

How does accubattery measure the charge rate? 

Maybe one wire is of lower quality, that phone doesn't like it and knocks it down so it doesn't blow up? 

No idea how Accubattery does the measure, but the numbers seems correct after seeing the time it needs to charge. 

The wires were fine up to one day, and there are three of them now not working with my phone but with other devices they work fine. So, it can't be the cables. It's some mystery regarding the digital communications between the device and the cables. And, somehow, that communication works (or fails) with the Sony cable and allows the phone to draw the correct amount of power from the chargers. I´m speechless with this "mystery".    

4 hours ago, aleamaro791 said:

No idea how Accubattery does the measure, but the numbers seems correct after seeing the time it needs to charge. 

The wires were fine up to one day, and there are three of them now not working with my phone but with other devices they work fine. So, it can't be the cables. It's some mystery regarding the digital communications between the device and the cables. And, somehow, that communication works (or fails) with the Sony cable and allows the phone to draw the correct amount of power from the chargers. I´m speechless with this "mystery".    

The cables can degrade, back when lightning first released I had cheap Poundland ones that'd last about a month then stop, they have controllers at the phone end which can conk out or degrade to try and push a voltage or have a resistance the phone isn't happy with.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?