GTX 1660 Ti Temperature

HauptmannTinus

Hello All,

I was wondering if my temperatures on the card are normal?
In idle its 28-31c, and under full load its mostly around 80-83c.

The ambient temperature is 21c and i have 2 intake fans in the front of my case and 1 outlet on the back.
My pc is standing on my desk with plenty of space on 3 sides including the front and back.
Also i make my pc dust free every 6 months and just did it last week.

The case is a Fractal R4.

I have the following card:
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Ventus XS 6G OC

Some insight of people who have the same card would be welcome.
Thanks in advance!
Tinus

Yeah, I would say those temps are pretty warm. I wouldn't run the card that high. 

Is it OC'd at all? How is the airflow through the case? Maybe your fan curve is set to silent mode? 

Personally, I aim my GPUs for low 70s or cooler, if at all possible. AMD included. 

80C under load is fine, not amazing, but not dangerous either.

Try adjusting your fan curve with MSI Afterburner so that your GPU runs cooler (increase Fan RPM across the temp range).

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

IDK why people say 83c is too hot. It's totally fine. It's definitely on the hotter side, but nothing dangerous to your GPU.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

• 8 months later...

i know this thread is old but i hope this can help someone with a similar problem, with my gtx 1660 ti it was running at 70-73c while playing games, then it started going to 80-83c, its the thermal paste after reapplying the paste the temps went back to normal.