PC turns off after some time

plyfz

Hey linsutech community

Great to be here.

My problem is my pc turns off without ay warning suddenly. This happens randomly.

What is the problem.

My li cell has discharged but that dont pose a shutoff problem or does it?

Please guide me

Regards

LinusTech Fan

Can you post your system specs? Also what kind of temps are you getting?

(SpecsCPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850 MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte H81M-S2PV RAM: 4GB Storage: 2TB WD HDD

(Peripherals) Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: Zowie EC2-A Headset: Audio-Technica ATH-M50X's Microphone: Blue Snowball

Check the front panel connectors. Especially the power-button wires.

Does the entire system power off and all fans stop spinning, or does it just black out the displays / lose signal and keep all fans spinning?

Also, if it's not too much to ask, could you please list your specs?

Does it shut down or does it just power strait off without a shutdown?

Also worth mentioning, does this happen while it's in use or while you are away? (Is it just going into hybernation?)

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

i had the same problem a couple years ago and it turned out to be a broken motherboard and a constanly hot running cpu. Definetely check cpu temps. Even though the cpu should throttle it is very possible that it shuts of after some time

• 2 weeks later...

Turns randomly.

I think its motherboard

LinusTech Fan

Imo it's probably overheating especially if it's after some time. Most PC's are set in the bios to turn off when it gets too hot to stop components getting damaged. 

If it's an old PC I'd recommend carefully cleaning the vents / components with an air duster. If it's a laptop you may need to prop it up on a book or something to improve airflow into / out of the vents. 
If it's a new PC / build perhaps try better airflow (but before spending out check the CPU temperatures as someone has already mentioned.) 

SpeedFan is very good way of checking component temperatures, I'm pretty sure you can find it on cnet.  

If temps are within acceptable levels then you can start thinking about some of the other suggestions - don't just buy a new mobo without checking the temps :).  

I7 3770K | GTX 770 amp! | 12gb DDR3 @1600mhz | 250gb OCZ Vertex 450 & 2TB WD Black 

Overheating is always my first thought when a machine turns off after some time.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac