Gigabyte Motherboard USB ports not getting enough power

Hello everyone.

I have a 1 month old Gigabyte B450 Gaming X motherboard with Ryzen 5 3600 CPU. The PSU is Antec 550W. It was running fine until a few days ago.

A few days ago my USB WiFi adapter suddenly started acting up.. it would disconnect and reconnect whenever there was heavy network usage. I thought the adapter was faulty and so threw it in the bin and got a new one. It was running fine until this too exhibited the same symptoms.

So I suspected power issues and plugged in an external hard drive. The drive didn't spin up. Tried all ports.

So I got my USB tester and found at every port the no load voltage was around 5V. But whenever even any moderate load is connected like a USB light, the voltage drops below USB specifications. I tried a dummy load of 10 ohm to simulate 0.5A draw, but the voltage reduced to almost 1.5V and even the keyboard and mouse dropped out until reboot.

Only keyboard and mouse work right now due to low power requirements. Even USB drives don't work. Thought it was the PSU but 5V line is reported okay and I also tested with multimeter.spacer.png

Tried clearing CMOS and downgrading BIOS. Same problem. Please advise.

IMG_20200908_040731.jpg

IMG_20200908_040814.jpg

IMG_20200908_040810.jpg

IMG_20200908_040755.jpg

IMG_20200908_041816(3).jpg

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone!
Exactly the same problem here. Randomly losing USB WIFI connectivity, external HDDs not working, USB keys work fine.
Voltages show 4,6V to 4,9V.
Motherboard is B550M DS3H (rev. 1.x). BIOS updated to F11. CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G.
Is there any help or is the new motherboard my only way out?

Update: Just now I have seen that Gigabyte since F11 has released two new BIOS versions : F12 and F13a. After update I`m going to post if the problem was solved by applying newest F13a.

After update to BIOS version F13a I have to report that unfortunatelly no progress has been made. USB voltage is still in the range of 4,6V to 4,9V so I guees it will have to be a new MB.