Do i need a new psu?

Motion

it says 250w PSU... while the 1050Ti is happy enough with 75w for itself, they recommend at least 300w PSU for a modern system with that card in it. You may want to upgrade.  That may not be the source of the issue, but it'll definitely at least protect you from drawing more power than the PSU can handle.

It's also possible that the card isn't getting enough cooling.  You should check the GPU temps to make sure it's not being throttled by heat.

1 minute ago, Ceetch said:

it says 250w PSU... while the 1050Ti is happy enough with 75w for itself, they recommend at least 300w PSU for a modern system with that card in it. You may want to upgrade.  That may not be the source of the issue, but it'll definitely at least protect you from drawing more power than the PSU can handle.

i was recommended this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BFJ91TY?pf_rd_r=G4EC5Q4SBSXC2V0DK92A&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee&th=1

is this one good?

An overtaxed PSU is not going to cause frame drops.

Just now, jonnyGURU said:

You were recommended complete garbage.

good to know, thank you

before you shop for PSU, does the board even use standard pins?

and your issue seem to stem from other issues than bad PSU

bad PSU would just shut off in most cases

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Yeah, upgrading the PSU may help the system run more safely, but if you're getting bad frames, it might be that the card is getting too hot, or there's something else preventing the card from running at peak performance (bottlenecks from the CPU, RAM, or hard drive...maybe)

Just now, Ceetch said:

Yeah, upgrading the PSU may help the system run more safely, but if you're getting bad frames, it might be that the card is getting too hot, or there's something else preventing the card from running at peak performance (bottlenecks from the CPU, RAM, or hard drive...maybe)

is there any way for me to check without spending a bunch of money on parts?

first thing would be to check the GPU temps... the latest updates to Windows shows the current GPU temperature on the Performance tab of Task Manager, so I'd probably check that first.  Try running a game and have Task Manager up and check if the temps start rising.  It's normal to rise a bit, but if it's getting over 75 degrees, that could be the issue.  If the temps are staying at normal levels, then there's probably something else causing the issue.

18 hours ago, Ceetch said:

first thing would be to check the GPU temps... the latest updates to Windows shows the current GPU temperature on the Performance tab of Task Manager, so I'd probably check that first.  Try running a game and have Task Manager up and check if the temps start rising.  It's normal to rise a bit, but if it's getting over 75 degrees, that could be the issue.  If the temps are staying at normal levels, then there's probably something else causing the issue.

Okay do i downloaded MSI afterburner to check temps and such then started to realize the numbers on the left are "gpu clock = 140" and "mem clock = 405"