My mouse keeps freezing

Joealex24

I use a tecknet m268 gaming mouse (quite old). And when I move the pointer around it will sometimes just freeze for a second which is really annoying. It also does this when I am moving around in game, so I can still change direction with awsd but can't look around.

Any help would really be much appreciated.

I have checked and there were 2 mouse drivers, one of them the generic one and the other the logitech ghub so I deleted ghub and removed the driver but the freezing still occurs.

Are you sure it's the mouse, have you tried another mouse on that computer? What about the right drivers for that mouse?

7 minutes ago, Joealex24 said:

I use a tecknet m268 gaming mouse (quite old). And when I move the pointer around it will sometimes just freeze for a second which is really annoying. It also does this when I am moving around in game, so I can still change direction with awsd but can't look around.

Any help would really be much appreciated.

I have checked and there were 2 mouse drivers, one of them the generic one and the other the logitech ghub so I deleted ghub and removed the driver but the freezing still occurs.

image.thumb.png.9e53baf1cb4a94129a080444c8c7d12c.pngShould there be 2 driver files?

4 minutes ago, MrTuffguy said:

Have you tried uninstalling every drivers and rebooting?

3 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Are you sure it's the mouse, have you tried another mouse on that computer? What about the right drivers for that mouse?

So I need to click 'uninstall device' under hid-compliant mouse and then when I reboot it was reinstall the driver?

2 minutes ago, Joealex24 said:

image.thumb.png.9e53baf1cb4a94129a080444c8c7d12c.pngShould there be 2 driver files?

It actually should not say HID mouse to begin with, which stands for "Human Interface Device" that's a generic description. With the proper driver, your mouse should be listed with it's name instead of the HID device.

Link to where you can get the official driver: http://www.tecknet.co.uk/support/m268.html

2 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

It actually should not say HID mouse to begin with, which stands for "Human Interface Device" that's a generic description. With the proper driver, your mouse should be listed with it's name instead of the HID device.

Mine says HID compliant mouse and it works fine?

2 minutes ago, MrTuffguy said:

Mine says HID compliant mouse and it works fine?

Mine does as well but it is not a gaming mouse and I does not have special features on it.

11 hours ago, Applefreak said:

Mine does as well but it is not a gaming mouse and I does not have special features on it.

Mine is a gaming mouse though not of a reputable company it has 7 switches and dpi adjusting and Customisable RGB.