High End Gaming PC 2014 Build One

Well, I have made a post on the High End gaming PC 2014 Build ONE and wanted to know thoughts from you guys and suggestions for my next post on Build Two. Please check out the post and do let me know how I wrote it and what else I can improve.

Link to the post

high-end-gaming-pc-2014-build-one-700x35

grammar check: "...and it is great if you want are going for a multiscreen setup..." in the graphics card section. Also in the graphics card section, are you recommending people to get two gtx 780ti's, or did i read that wrong?

Not bad at all, but I would switch the i7 for an i5 and the single 780Ti for two GTX 780s.

But don't listen to me. A setup as such would not be "recommended" but would be more powerful.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Amd BUILD

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

2x 780 ti? Well, there's high end. Then there's overkill...

He who dies with the most tools wins.

for a good build i'd say put less into CPU adn more into GPU and a nice monitor, the new asus ROG monitor is a big deal for a lot of people. Also 4K is a big buying point for people right now as well. Maybe go FX 8320 or I5, a single 780TI, a BenQ 144Hz monitor and the cheaper dell 4K monitor as a standby display or video/photo editing display. At a price like this, saying the 4770K is a good buy for future proofing isn't a good idea, for the price a single 780TI and a 4930K would be better spent money. No one is buying anything like this just for gaming and if they are, they have to much money and think they need it. YOu are buying something like this for livestreaming or video recoding or heavy 3D/video/photo editing. And that 6 core 12 thread cpu will really help for all these scinarios.

grammar check: "...and it is great if you want are going for a multiscreen setup..." in the graphics card section. Also in the graphics card section, are you recommending people to get two gtx 780ti's, or did i read that wrong?

Not bad at all, but I would switch the i7 for an i5 and the single 780Ti for two GTX 780s.

But don't listen to me. A setup as such would not be "recommended" but would be more powerful.

Also, no PSU recommendation for the build?

Amd BUILD

2x 780 ti? Well, there's high end. Then there's overkill...

why go for a matx board? if your a gigabyte fan then go for the regular G1.Sniper 5

or

Since I like Asus the M6E is great too

for a good build i'd say put less into CPU adn more into GPU and a nice monitor, the new asus ROG monitor is a big deal for a lot of people. Also 4K is a big buying point for people right now as well. Maybe go FX 8320 or I5, a single 780TI, a BenQ 144Hz monitor and the cheaper dell 4K monitor as a standby display or video/photo editing display. At a price like this, saying the 4770K is a good buy for future proofing isn't a good idea, for the price a single 780TI and a 4930K would be better spent money. No one is buying anything like this just for gaming and if they are, they have to much money and think they need it. YOu are buying something like this for livestreaming or video recoding or heavy 3D/video/photo editing. And that 6 core 12 thread cpu will really help for all these scinarios.

Thanks everyone for your replies and I am thankful that you guys replied and helped me to improve my posts for the future. I will try to improve the quality and content so that you guys can enjoy more.

Thanks everyone for your replies and I am thankful that you guys replied and helped me to improve my posts for the future. I will try to improve the quality and content so that you guys can enjoy more.

NP, always glad to help!

It's a good post but the grammar and pacing leave's a lot to be desired.

The article is somewhat confusing, one minute you are talking about building a high-end gaming PC, then you are talking about making a PC that is future proof. For a high-end gaming rig you don't need to spend anywhere near as much, the components you're suggesting are seriously expensive and seriously overpowered. My advice would be to make seperate articles on a "future" proof PC, and one that is focused on gaming.

Here are some things I would change:

• 16GB 2133mhz ram -> 8GB 1600mhz
  • Geforce 780/R9 290 instead.
  • intel i7 to i5 or AMD 8350
  • SSD does not increase FPS in games, so pretty unnecessary from a gaming standpoint.
  • AX860i is a massive power supply for what could be a far more efficient setup.

Most of the stuff you've included is really way overkill for a gaming rig that will play games at 1080p on high settings.

The peripherals you mention are REALLY expensive and are again right at the *very* top tier of performance, they aren't strictly necessary for an enjoyable gaming experience. And a closer look at racing wheels or other peripherals might have added some much needed depth to the article.

I would definitely do some more thorough research into these topics, especially if you're going to publish an article on it. It does sort of sound like you have just seen the most expensive parts from a retailer and thrown them together as a guide.

This guide doesn't really offer any price to performance value, and it doesn't offer any real insight into why you've listed the products, other than the fact they were inspired by "linus tech tips". It'd be far more informative for the reader if you researched the products yourself and linked reviews and articles you'd read about each one of them, so that the reader can learn about the products, and why they would benefit from those products over another.

Anyway it's a good effort and is presented nicely. I hope that you find this constructive rather than negative criticism :)

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

i7 4770k

350D

H100i

Intel 730 SSD

Maximus 6 Gene

Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHZ

Corsair M45

Corsair K70

SLI 780Ti DCUII

ROG Swift

AX 860i

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

It's a good post but the grammar and pacing leave's a lot to be desired.

The article is somewhat confusing, one minute you are talking about building a high-end gaming PC, then you are talking about making a PC that is future proof. For a high-end gaming rig you don't need to spend anywhere near as much, the components you're suggesting are seriously expensive and seriously overpowered. My advice would be to make seperate articles on a "future" proof PC, and one that is focused on gaming.

Here are some things I would change:

• 16GB 2133mhz ram -> 8GB 1600mhz
  • Geforce 780/R9 290 instead.
  • intel i7 to i5 or AMD 8350
  • SSD does not increase FPS in games, so pretty unnecessary from a gaming standpoint.
  • AX860i is a massive power supply for what could be a far more efficient setup.

Most of the stuff you've included is really way overkill for a gaming rig that will play games at 1080p on high settings.

The peripherals you mention are REALLY expensive and are again right at the *very* top tier of performance, they aren't strictly necessary for an enjoyable gaming experience. And a closer look at racing wheels or other peripherals might have added some much needed depth to the article.

I would definitely do some more thorough research into these topics, especially if you're going to publish an article on it. It does sort of sound like you have just seen the most expensive parts from a retailer and thrown them together as a guide.

This guide doesn't really offer any price to performance value, and it doesn't offer any real insight into why you've listed the products, other than the fact they were inspired by "linus tech tips". It'd be far more informative for the reader if you researched the products yourself and linked reviews and articles you'd read about each one of them, so that the reader can learn about the products, and why they would benefit from those products over another.

Anyway it's a good effort and is presented nicely. I hope that you find this constructive rather than negative criticism :)

the memory suggestion is a bad suggestion..... 16gb 2133 to 8gb 3000mhz is what you should have said, with haswell, 1600 is not enough. ivy bridge and before, anything above 1600 is snake oil.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |