Meshify C - need advice for fan placements

dav94
Go to solution Solved by Moonzy,

having a 120mm up top blow in is not common

it might create turbulence, and suck in hot air that the other fan exhaust to the top

try 2 140mm in, 1 rear 120 out, 1 rear top 120mm out

I have 2 140MM fans in the front and a single 120MM fan in the rear currently in my build, using a Noctua NH-U12S to cool my ryzen 3700x. and I have the extra fans already in storage from previous builds. but I was pondering if this placement. would work to better cool the case with more airflow. 

image.png.6d6b8b1e8a95116d8939ddf132aca692.png

it might create turbulence, and suck in hot air that the other fan exhaust to the top

try 2 140mm in, 1 rear 120 out, 1 rear top 120mm out

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I would suggest having both tops as exhaust and just running them at a slightly lower speed, With the intakes possibly slightly higher if your after a positive pressure.

Edit: typo

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

hmm that is definitely something that would be an issue
I'll try that fan placement
thank you :)

1 hour ago, dav94 said:

I have 2 140MM fans in the front and a single 120MM fan in the rear currently in my build, using a Noctua NH-U12S to cool my ryzen 3700x. and I have the extra fans already in storage from previous builds. but I was pondering if this placement. would work to better cool the case with more airflow. 

image.png.6d6b8b1e8a95116d8939ddf132aca692.png

I have a case kind of like that if you have vents in the front i would run the fan from back of the computer run it to the front with the cpu fan running it will blow toward the side and the back fan catch the hottest air and direct it out the front that works well for me and my gpu fans only  run when they are hot so they do not run at all most of the time though not playing games or over clocking- then the other fan sit closest to the glass point that one going to the back as you showing here that will blow air to your cards and any hot air getting through out the back or re circulate around the case- you really do not need the third fan but if you want it point it top down- rt under the 120 or make it a exhaust fan put in back words- nice things about these kind of cases they absorb heat- and that helps a lot