Loud pop while using PC that tripped the MCB

AncientPistol

I built a new PC a couple months ago. It was working fine then a couple days ago, when I started it up it shut down itself while still on BIOS screen, I didn't think much of it and started it again, it booted up and was working fine for about 30 mins when I heard a loud pop and the PC had shut down. I immediately unplugged it from the wall. It looked like a short circuit somewhere because that pop also tripped the MCB switch for that plug. I took the PSU out from the case and tried to look inside with a flashlight but everything looks normal there and no burning smell either, the motherboard etc also look just fine.

I plugged the PC into a different plug point and it booted up fine, so I thought maybe that first plug point had short circuited and not the PC and I called the electrician. Today the electrician came to inspect the plug and he said it was fine and the problem probably is somewhere in the PC. At the time of the incident the PC and the monitor were plugged into a Belkin surge protector which then went to the wall, nothing else was plugged in that socket. Since then I have not turned the PC on except for that one time for a couple minutes to see if the PC still works.

Any idea what the source of that pop could be? What next steps should I take? I ordered the parts from two different website so the whole PC does not come under a single warranty, only individual warranties of the different parts.

Parts list - 

The only thing I can think of is either a capacitor or VRM caused it. It also could've just been the plug itself. Best action I can think of is, to turn on the PC and watch for any smoke or sparking. 

The geek himself.

1 hour ago, Dawson Wehage said:

The only thing I can think of is either a capacitor or VRM caused it. It also could've just been the plug itself. Best action I can think of is, to turn on the PC and watch for any smoke or sparking. 

Will I risk damaging other components doing this?