I want help with my cpu (intel xeon 5080)

XIVIX

Ok so I have a super old pc and its specs are 2x intel xeons 5080 and a gtx 460 and 16 gb ram ddr2 psu:1000 watt and it is a pre built so i have to of them and my brother uses one of them and he has only one cpu in a duel socket motherboard then one of my sockets died so i moved my stuff to the other case and then when i open the pc it opens normally and all good but i get much much lower frames in video games like gta before 30 to 50 fps on low and after 10 to 20 soo i am confused I checked for gpu updates and bios updates (i had an old version but the new one wasn't a fix for me) my pc is called a dell precision 690 and it is good for living with me i use it to play games sometimes watch youtube and i cant see if the cpu is throttling or not because it doesn't have a temperature sensor built in and my gpu is badly bottlenecked i know but i have to work with it so i am trying to find a fix what is making it weird is that games like fortnite and gta yesterday was soo laggy at the point of sound getting broken and the pc was just opened it wasn't working all day so i want a fix plz or helping me with the issues that keep occurring to me suddenly to me.

Start by applying a new thermal paste on the CPU and GPU, maybe both are thermal throttling.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8086K, Delidded with Der8auer Custom Nickel-Copper IHS and Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra CPU Cooling: Scythe Ninja 5 with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Taichi RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Predator DDR4 3200 MHz 15-17-17-36 GPU: Gainward RTX 2080 Phoenix GS with Raijintek Morpheus II Core Black Heatpipe VGA Cooler, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste and 2x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM 120mm fans Case: SilentiumPC Regnum RG4T Pure Black TG Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Samsung 970 EVO 500GB, Seagate ST4000DM 4TB HDD, Toshiba HDWD240 4TB HDD PSU: SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 Gold 750W Case Cooling: 6x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM 120mm fans Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Mechanical Keyboard Mouse: Trust GXT845 Tural Display: Sharp LC-50LD265E Operating System: Windows 10

4 minutes ago, XIVIX said:

i did yesterday

two things.

1. quote people (back arrow on the bottom of a post) so that they see your response

2. there's no rules against using periods or other punctuation. It makes posts a lot more readable

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

1 minute ago, piratemonkey said:

two things.

1. quote people (back arrow on the bottom of a post) so that they see your response

2. there's no rules against using periods or other punctuation. It makes posts a lot more readable

Ok.

12 minutes ago, XIVIX said:

i did yesterday

Also, the CPU is quite old now and Intel is known for using a really crappy thermal paste under the IHS. So there is a real possibility that this thermal paste which is directly on the CPU DIE turned into a rock over time losing the thermal paste's original properties.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8086K, Delidded with Der8auer Custom Nickel-Copper IHS and Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra CPU Cooling: Scythe Ninja 5 with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Taichi RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Predator DDR4 3200 MHz 15-17-17-36 GPU: Gainward RTX 2080 Phoenix GS with Raijintek Morpheus II Core Black Heatpipe VGA Cooler, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste and 2x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM 120mm fans Case: SilentiumPC Regnum RG4T Pure Black TG Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Samsung 970 EVO 500GB, Seagate ST4000DM 4TB HDD, Toshiba HDWD240 4TB HDD PSU: SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 Gold 750W Case Cooling: 6x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM 120mm fans Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Mechanical Keyboard Mouse: Trust GXT845 Tural Display: Sharp LC-50LD265E Operating System: Windows 10

3 minutes ago, H6NS said:

Also, the CPU is quite old now and Intel is known for using a really crappy thermal paste under the IHS. So there is a real possibility that this thermal paste which is directly on the CPU DIE turned into a rock over time losing the thermal paste's original properties.

I changed the thermal paste a couple of days ago and it wasn't solid yet but i changed it anyways to make sure.

Just now, XIVIX said:

I changed the thermal paste a couple of days ago and it wasn't solid yet but i changed it anyways to make sure.

UNDER the IHS or ON the IHS?

Just now, H6NS said:

UNDER the IHS or ON the IHS?

IHS???

Just now, XIVIX said:

IHS???

Integrated heat spreader. The thing that you normally apply the thermal paste on.

Just now, H6NS said:

Integrated heat spreader. The thing that you normally apply the thermal paste on.

On I think sorry I am like new to thermal paste and stuff my dad does this stuff.

1 minute ago, XIVIX said:

On I think sorry I am like new to thermal paste and stuff my dad does this stuff.

That's okay. We are learning as we go. I'm writing mostly about delidding the CPU, but it is very risky if you don't know what you are doing.

Just now, H6NS said:

That's okay. We are learning as we go. I'm writing mostly about delidding the CPU, but it is very risky if you don't know what you are doing.

Nah I don't do that I just put it on the top of the cpu.