Best build for my classroom?

akranjc71

I am building a pc for my elementary school for a project. I want to do an AMD build with RGB (Aura Sync) so MSI mobo isn't an option, right? I want cheap ROG Strix option with I/O cover, so I was thinking something like B450-F Gaming. Does anyone knows somethink better, or is it as good option?

Also do you get SATA and PCIe power cables with a PSU? And do you get SATA cable with a mobo, or must you buy it seperately?

Budget (including currency): around 500€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Word, Excel, Chrome, HomeByMe

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Ryzen 5 3400g (I will be using integrated graphics on 1920x1080), 16GB 3200MHz RAM, Crucial MX500 500GB, EVGA 500 BQ

11 minutes ago, akranjc71 said:

I am building a pc for my elementary school for a project. I want to do an AMD build with RGB (Aura Sync) so MSI mobo isn't an option, right? I want cheap ROG Strix option with AIO cover, so I was thinking something like B450-F Gaming. Does anyone knows somethink better, or is it as good option?

Also do you get SATA and PCIe power cables with a PSU? And do you get SATA cable with a mobo, or must you buy it seperately?

Budget (including currency): around 500€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Word, Excel, Chrome, HomeByMe

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Ryzen 5 3400g (I will be using integrated graphics on 1920x1080), 16GB 3200MHz RAM, Crucial MX500 500GB, EVGA 500 BQ

Why RGB why 16GB? 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

1 minute ago, Kanna said:

Why RGB why 16GB? 

RGB because my teacher said my schoolmates are probably going to want to see what's inside and it just looks cool.

16GB because it is cheaper per GB and I am using integrated graphics so it should help a little bit, right?

3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Why RGB why 16GB? 

RGB to appeal to kids and 16gb because I doubt the average elementary school teacher has good chrome tab management lol, my teachers would keep EVERY SINGLE TAB open even after they're done with it and same for certain apps too.

2 minutes ago, akranjc71 said:

RGB because my teacher said my schoolmates are probably going to want to see what's inside and it just looks cool.

16GB because it is cheaper per GB and I am using integrated graphics so it should help a little bit, right?

The 8GB part I will forgive you on since yes it uses ram but I don't think that usage will draw anymore than 4 tbh, the RBG is just stupid just get a window sided panel the cost could cut so much here, also for the rgb you could get a strip and just put it in the PC

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

1 minute ago, Som3a said:

RGB to appeal to kids and 16gb because I doubt the average elementary school teacher has good chrome tab management lol, my teachers would keep EVERY SINGLE TAB open even after they're done with it and same for certain apps too.

My teachers doesn't use chrome (atleast the not cool ones)

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

The 8GB part I will forgive you on since yes it uses ram but I don't think that usage will draw anymore than 4 tbh, the RBG is just stupid just get a window sided panel the cost could cut so much here

Oh I forgot to mention, for some stupid reason my teacher decided that we will build our own case (I am SO worried about airflow), so we don't have that cost

2 minutes ago, akranjc71 said:

Oh I forgot to mention, for some stupid reason my teacher decided that we will build our own case (I am SO worried about airflow), so we don't have that cost

Don't build your own case unless you are reusing an old case because stuff needs to be lined up almost perfect

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

My teachers doesn't use chrome (atleast the not cool ones)

Lmao, some would use internet explorer... legend says they're still loading that one word document (yes they would use online word). Anyways back to our subject, maybe go for a 3200g instead of a 3400g to save money, try and get a board with WiFi because I doubt the classroom will have LAN and 8gb should be just fine, an AIO would be overkill so stock cooler will be fine

And you do in fact get SATA data cables with your board and SATA power with your PSU

Just now, Som3a said:

And you do in fact get SATA data cables with your board and SATA power with your PSU

thanks

2 minutes ago, Som3a said:

Lmao, some would use internet explorer... legend says they're still loading that one word document (yes they would use online word). Anyways back to our subject, maybe go for a 3200g instead of a 3400g to save money, try and get a board with WiFi because I doubt the classroom will have LAN and 8gb should be just fine, an AIO would be overkill so stock cooler will be fine

He could always get a wifi card to cut some cost

Reminder⚠️

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Don't build your own case unless you are reusing an old case because stuff needs to be lined up almost perfect

ok, will tell my teacher

Just now, Kanna said:

He could always get a wifi card to cut some cost

yeah , I will probably do this

Alright, so I told my teacher that building our own casi is a terrible idea and he said that we will do it very precise. Which part has to be the most 'perfect lined up'?

On 9/4/2020 at 9:42 PM, Kanna said:

Standoffs or what?

Just now, akranjc71 said:

Standoffs or what?

Yeah and I/O shield and such

Reminder⚠️

Ok I will try as hard as I can to convince my teacher to just buy something stealth like a Define Mini C (Tempered Glass version) or something