IPS worth an extra $90 over VA?

adstr

I'll start off by stating that I'm looking to build a new pc with either a 3080 or 3070 (shocking I know). I plan to use it primarily for gaming. I'm looking for a nice 1440p 144hz (G-sync compatible) gaming experience and found a couple monitors. There is the Gigabyte G27QC with a VA panel for $289 and an LG 27GL83A-B with an IPS panel for $379. I'm getting this info from pc part picker:

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=256001440&D=120000,280000&A=5&sort=price&page=1

In your experience would you say IPS is worth the extra $90?

Yes, in this case i'd say the extra $ are worth it. the LG 27Gl83-A is objectively a better monitor in almost any regard other than the better contrast on the VA monitor.

Edit: Here's a review of the gigabyte one and the LG 27GL850. The 27GL83-A has comparable performance to the 27GL850 that appears in the charts. The only upside of the 27GL850 compared to the 27GL83-A is wide color gamut support. Otherwise these monitors are identical.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.