NZXT H500i too small for RTX 3090?

PampaZiya

Yes I'm one of those crazy people who will be buying a RTX 3090 (No I'm not rich).

But I am wondering if my current case, NZXT H500i would be too small for a good air flow? I've got 4x120mm fans.

I currently have a Gigabyte windforce 2080ti and the 3090 is bigger in every aspect XD

I believe the design of the fans is because otherwise it would be blocking a lot of airflow but not too sure how their new design would work out in such a case.

Any thoughts?

I guess it will fit, but the H500 is an oven already and a >300W GPU like a 3090 will not be happy with this situation.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 hour ago, PampaZiya said:

Thanks @Stahlmann98 and @gloop for the response ! Which case would you recommend? (Preferably white)

I'm no expert but I would suggest the Corsair 280x or the Fractal Design Meshify C (both in white and black variants)

The RTX 3090 should fit fine in the H500i. The thermals also shouldn't be an issue.

@icy1007 yes it would fit as I checked out the dimensions, however as others pointed am not sure about the airflow. Currently I have no problems whatsoever with my 0280Ti thermals, it's actually running quite cool and the i7 8700k. But they do go up in temp when in high load and was wondering maybe I should just change the case to something bigger and add more fans.

@PampaZiya - I too have the H500i and plan on getting an RTX 3090. I will be getting the 3090 without changing my case and see how the thermals are. I would only look at swapping out the case if the temps are not acceptable, but the two cases suggested above, Meshify C and Corsair 280x likely wouldn't even fit the card. The Meshify C will not fit the RTX 3090 unless you don't have a front fan attached and/or front radiator. The Corsair is a micro-ATX case so unless you're already using a micro-ATX motherboard in your H500i, you wouldn't be able to use it.

7 hours ago, PampaZiya said:

Thanks @Stahlmann98 and @gloop for the response ! Which case would you recommend? (Preferably white)

I'd go for a "Phanteks P400A Digital" in white then.

Other good options that can be bought in white:

Fractal Design Meshify C (needs extra fans to perform good)

Fractal Design Meshify S2 if you need more space (needs extra fans to perform good)

CoolerMaster Mastercase TD500

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

4 hours ago, PampaZiya said:

Thanks @ItzUknown, also would you say a i7 8700k would bottleneck the 3090 on a 1440p?

No, the 8700K is an excellent gaming CPU, even by todays standards. And you can still apply a simple 5.0Ghz all-core OC and it will perform like a 10900K in most games.

6 hours ago, PampaZiya said:

Thanks @ItzUknown, also would you say a i7 8700k would bottleneck the 3090 on a 1440p?

I would say that its ok, maybr the 10th gen is better but I would keep the cpu and see for myself. I doubt it tho. Check your psu tho. You'll probably need the 12pin connector thingy