Stupid question, to jump on the 30 series hype

Snowmnason

i will keep this quick and simple. (You don't need to read whats not bold)

1. Will there be a Ti or super versions of the cards in the future. I don't want to hop on the pre order bandwagon, gonna probably wait out a month or so if their will be I might wait longer to see how those preform.

2. I got a high budget so I can make my PC last a gen or two, is the 3090 worth it if I am a gamer and a video editor. I rather opt for something with a bigger price tag if its going to take me to 2025, but I have no IDEA what the specs mean, it seems as if the 3090 are for professionals, while I haven't really broke past the hobbyist field

Thank you! Hopefully I am not another annoying person on this form lol

8 minutes ago, Snowmnason said:

1. Will there be a Ti or super versions of the cards in the future. I don't want to hop on the pre order bandwagon, gonna probably wait out a month or so if their will be I might wait longer to see how those preform.

2. I got a high budget so I can make my PC last a gen or two, is the 3090 worth it if I am a gamer and a video editor. I rather opt for something with a bigger price tag if its going to take me to 2025, but I have no IDEA what the specs mean, it seems as if the 3090 are for professionals, while I haven't really broke past the hobbyist field

The 3090 is the RTX 3000 Titian.... So yes for YOU it would be worth it.

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

4 minutes ago, Snowmnason said:

1. No one know for sure but there's a leak of 3080ti so that might came out later (although leak thus far had been almost entirely inaccurate except for the founder design.) I personally think that it's more likely for us to have the 3070ti/Super as there's a price gap between 500 and 700 buck card which is something I expect them to fill later. 

2. No, unless you're game developer (or doing something else with your GPU that isn't gaming), 3090 is the new RTX Titan. I don't think they are even that faster than 3080 (judging from what Jensen mentioned yesterday), they just have a lot more VRAM. Got to wait for the 3rd party test but I don't think it's something that you will be taking full advantage off either as a gamer or video editer. 

If super/ti/titan come out will depend on amd.  If big navi has lots of bugs or issues or lower then expected performance, nvidia would likley not do much else. 

If amd unveils some secret 6990 that can beat the 3090, 48 gig ram titan 3000 will be announced as soon as nvidia can rush it.

I'm guessing amd will do well enough to be competitive, but not take top card slot forcing a titan release above 3090.

3090 is faster then 3080, more cores, but 3080 should be plenty unless you are doing very heavy workloads and/or need the ram.  Sort of like ryzen 3950 vs threadripper 3960, faster if you need that many cores, but just more expensive with unused threads for most uses.  

If you really need vram, 3090 is worth it, but that is not common.  If you would take radeon vii to rx 5700xt since 8gb won't cut it, go 3090.  Otherwise 3080 and leaving extra money in bank for future upgrade should work out better.  Even if you would need the extra ram, waiting for the 20gb 3080 might be good idea.

8 minutes ago, Sophia_Borjia said:

If super/ti/titan come out will depend on amd.  If big navi has lots of bugs or issues or lower then expected performance, nvidia would likley not do much else. 

If amd unveils some secret 6990 that can beat the 3090, 48 gig ram titan 3000 will be announced as soon as nvidia can rush it.

I'm guessing amd will do well enough to be competitive, but not take top card slot forcing a titan release above 3090.

3090 is faster then 3080, more cores, but 3080 should be plenty unless you are doing very heavy workloads and/or need the ram.  Sort of like ryzen 3950 vs threadripper 3960, faster if you need that many cores, but just more expensive with unused threads for most uses.  

If you really need vram, 3090 is worth it, but that is not common.  If you would take radeon vii to rx 5700xt since 8gb won't cut it, go 3090.  Otherwise 3080 and leaving extra money in bank for future upgrade should work out better.  Even if you would need the extra ram, waiting for the 20gb 3080 might be good idea.

I will take this to heart. Thank you.  I am still waiting for 4th gen. So hopefully there will be news for the 3080 + around them

Seen a lot of people say this show was a little rushed to compete against the consoles over big navi. So maybe(hopfully) specs/names will be announced soon