Hey guys

So I built a back-up system with the following specs

Ryzen 5 3600

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master

NZXT Kraken X63

Crucial Ballistix 2x8Gb 3600 MHz

EVGA P2 750W

Gigabyte 5700XT

Now, when I start the PC, even after clearing the CMOS, the PC goes through boot mode and sometimes will make it through or will hit a "5A" error (which in the manual refers to "CPU internal error"). I've tested with Cinebench R20 and monitored with Ryzen Master and saw nothing wrong (CPU all core speed is ~4.0 GHz, CPU temps ~66-68 degrees Celsius), the system as a whole works and when it does successfully start up it has an "AA" or "A0" code meaning everything is fine but once in a while when I do start the PC up or restart it it'll hit error code 5A - I then hit the restart button on the front IO of my P600S case and most of the time it starts up fine okay. I noticed switching to the back-up bios had better success but it still happens sometimes. And yes, I've updated the BIOS to F22 and it still happens sometimes. I've used the motherboard and the rest of the parts with a 3700X I was borrowing from a friend and no problems but as soon as I put in a 3600 this all started.

Any help is appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Triboal said:

Hey guys

So I built a back-up system with the following specs

Ryzen 5 3600

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master

NZXT Kraken X63

Crucial Ballistix 2x8Gb 3600 MHz

EVGA P2 750W

Gigabyte 5700XT

Now, when I start the PC, even after clearing the CMOS, the PC goes through boot mode and sometimes will make it through or will hit a "5A" error (which in the manual refers to "CPU internal error"). I've tested with Cinebench R20 and monitored with Ryzen Master and saw nothing wrong (CPU all core speed is ~4.0 GHz, CPU temps ~66-68 degrees Celsius), the system as a whole works and when it does successfully start up it has an "AA" or "A0" code meaning everything is fine but once in a while when I do start the PC up or restart it it'll hit error code 5A - I then hit the restart button on the front IO of my P600S case and most of the time it starts up fine okay. I noticed switching to the back-up bios had better success but it still happens sometimes. And yes, I've updated the BIOS to F22 and it still happens sometimes. I've used the motherboard and the rest of the parts with a 3700X I was borrowing from a friend and no problems but as soon as I put in a 3600 this all started.

Any help is appreciated.

Definitely a problem on the CPU front, can't tell what it is though so my only suggestion is the AMD customer support. I have tried it out before and they did clear up a big mess that I had. Sorry I couldn't help much

42 minutes ago, Som3a said:

Definitely a problem on the CPU front, can't tell what it is though so my only suggestion is the AMD customer support. I have tried it out before and they did clear up a big mess that I had. Sorry I couldn't help much

That's fine, I appreciate your help! I'll give them a shout!

• 7 months later...

Hello, I have the same error code 5A have solved your problem? If so what have you done.
Thank you.