Lian Li O11 Airflow questions

RyanTechnuts

Just purchased an O11 Dynamic case and am thinking of best ways to plan my fan configuration. I am leaning towards three intakes on the bottom and three exhaust out the top basically assisting the natural airflow of hot air. The case is up on a desk so no worries of restricted airflow from the bottom. However i was also kind of wanting to do a vertical gpu mount with the accessory they make for the case(if i can find where to buy one) does this impede mounting three 120mm fans on the bottom?

11 minutes ago, RyanTechnuts said:

However i was also kind of wanting to do a vertical gpu mount with the accessory they make for the case(if i can find where to buy one) does this impede mounting three 120mm fans on the bottom?

Technically yes. They have a a rotated PCI-E bracket slot which allows oyu to actually choose how far away the card is from the glass, however the bottom plate (while being seperate) only mounts to the bottom of the PCI-E slots. You CAN omit this and let it hang off the pci-E brackets, but depending on the size of the card this might not be a good idea.

I use the Phanteks Vertical bracket in Rainbow 馃 2020 in my聽signature. It offered the best compromise between rigidity and decent space from the glass while allowing bottom fans.聽

Spoiler

VideoCapture_20200803-212331.thumb.jpg.a8067b18378abd96825a36363e1a635e.jpg20200802_145000.thumb.jpg.6219af270278d8c0537f54f799a7860c.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019--- Rainbow 馃 2020---Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---Blue Build Post---Blue Build Post 2018---Project ITNOS

CPUAMDR7 7800X3D聽 聽聽MotherboardAsrock B650E Taichi Lite聽 聽聽RAMCorsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz聽聽 聽GPUASUS RTX4080 STRIX聽

CaseFractal Torrent聽 聽StorageSamsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,聽 聽 聽PSUCorsair RM1000x聽 聽聽CoolingDeepcool AK620

Have you noticed a loss in airflow with the card mounted so close to fans? Or any issues with thermals on the card?

I have an Asus Dual OC rtx 2070 super so it is smaller than the card you used in this system, so i would assume it is fine.

1 hour ago, RyanTechnuts said:

Have you noticed a loss in airflow with the card mounted so close to fans? Or any issues with thermals on the card?

I have an Asus Dual OC rtx 2070 super so it is smaller than the card you used in this system, so i would assume it is fine.

You can read the full blog post for specifi GPU settings, but the card never past 80潞C while on a Unigin Heaven test loop.聽

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019--- Rainbow 馃 2020---Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---Blue Build Post---Blue Build Post 2018---Project ITNOS

CPUAMDR7 7800X3D聽 聽聽MotherboardAsrock B650E Taichi Lite聽 聽聽RAMCorsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz聽聽 聽GPUASUS RTX4080 STRIX聽

CaseFractal Torrent聽 聽StorageSamsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,聽 聽 聽PSUCorsair RM1000x聽 聽聽CoolingDeepcool AK620

21 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

You can read the full blog post for specifi GPU settings, but the card never past 80潞C while on a Unigin Heaven test loop.聽

Thank you for your help! I think i will go with the same bracket you used. Some very good information in there that helped make my decision.