Simulate Xbox One X to have 2 HDMI out ports.

Go to solution Solved by zeusthemoose,

I doubt a switch like that exists. But since you want it to easily switch and you will only have one on at a time, why not just get a splitter like this one that supports 4k60? When the monitor you want to use is on, it will show the xbox. When you dont want it to be used, it will be off.

I like to switch my Xbox One X from my bigger TV for watching films to my 144htz 2k monitor for gaming. However the Xbox One X only has one HDMI out port, so I have to manually put in either the TV or monitor HDMI cable into the Xbox One X which is annoying.

To solve this I think I need a HDMI switch that can manage 4k 60hz or with a bandwidth of at least 12.54 Gbit/s.

I should also note that I’ll never have the TV and the monitor on at the same time, it’s one or the other, one of them will be switched off completely.

However nearly all of the HDMI switches I’ve seen have a button toggle which is not what I’m after. Ideally I’d want a switch / box that just works for whatever device (TV or monitor) is currently in use. Like if my TV is on it just detects that there is a single HDMI input and vice versa for the monitor.

I’m not even sure if a HDMI switch is what I even need. I just need a box / cable that has 1 HDMI in that the Xbox HDMI out plugs into and 2 HDMI outs that the TV and monitor HDMI’s plug into.

Essentially I’m trying to simulate the Xbox having two HDMI outs if that makes sense.

Does such a product exist, or is the only way with a button toggle HDMI switch?

Any advice would be helpful thanks.

I doubt a switch like that exists. But since you want it to easily switch and you will only have one on at a time, why not just get a splitter like this one that supports 4k60? When the monitor you want to use is on, it will show the xbox. When you dont want it to be used, it will be off.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

On 8/30/2020 at 11:35 PM, zeusthemoose said:

Hi there, I indeed bought a splitter as you suggested and it works perfectly. Thanks.