how can I used 2 different gpus at once?

BOBWARPATH

Ok. I get it sounds supid, hear me out: So I recently got an rtx 2060. I have 2 monitors running from the 2060. I was wondering If I could some how put my old gtx 1060 back in the pc and use it to run my projector. Stupid use case: I only have hdmi Cables. But is it even possible to use 2 different gpus?

you can do it but it won't provide a performance benefit

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

you can do it but it won't provide a performance benefit

Not what I'm after, I want 3 screens (2 monitors 1 projector) but I'm out of ports unless I can install a second gpu

Does the motherboard have hdmi out?

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  16 GB (2x8 GB) XPG 3200 MHz DDR4  |  Gigabyte GTX1080  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  G.Skill 850Watt  |  Lian Li Lancool II Meshify Case

Sure add the other card then if for some reason you cant use one. No reason it wouldnt work. That is the intended use of a gpu after all.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Just now, tatsukage13 said:

Does the motherboard have hdmi out?

Yes actually, but I can't get my integrated graphics to show up once I plug in my rtx 2060. I have an I7 8700k on a gigabyte motherboard

1 minute ago, BOBWARPATH said:

Not what I'm after, I want 3 screens (2 monitors 1 projector) but I'm out of ports unless I can install a second gpu

As far as I'm aware, all RTX 2060s have more than two ports available. Why can't you use those? DP to HDMI adapters aren't expensive.

Still, if you wanted to use your old GPU, you just plug it in as you would any other graphics card and it will work, there's no special steps do doing it. 

Just now, BOBWARPATH said:

Yes actually, but I can't get my integrated graphics to show up once I plug in my rtx 2060. I have an I7 8700k on a gigabyte motherboard

Did you see if iGPU was enabled in bios?

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  16 GB (2x8 GB) XPG 3200 MHz DDR4  |  Gigabyte GTX1080  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  G.Skill 850Watt  |  Lian Li Lancool II Meshify Case

Just now, BOBWARPATH said:

There will be an option in the UEFI to enable the iGPU. By default it's disabled when using a dedicated GPU. 

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

There will be an option in the UEFI to enable the iGPU. By default it's disabled when using a dedicated GPU. 

I thought so

1 minute ago, tatsukage13 said:

Did you see if iGPU was enabled in bios?

I will check that actually

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Gotcha i'll check that!

Gotcha i'll check that!

I'd still advise just picking up a DP to HDMI adapter and using it on one of the ports on the 2060. 

Running the iGPU alongside dedicated GPUs can cause some weird performance issues, depending on how programs determine which GPU to use. 

YOu can use igpu all the same. Do it with mine all the time.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I'd still advise just picking up a DP to HDMI adapter and using it on one of the ports on the 2060. 

Running the iGPU alongside dedicated GPUs can cause some weird performance issues, depending on how programs determine which GPU to use. 

Its definately on the list

2 minutes ago, BOBWARPATH said:

Its definately on the list

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z05JMKO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i got that one and it works fine on my rx 570 and tv

9 minutes ago, tatsukage13 said:

I thought so

Just turned Igpu on and it shows up, but doesn't recognize when I plug a monitor into it

I gpu shows now, but when I plug hdmi monitor into it, it doesn't see monitor (WAIT SOUND WORKS ON IT THO WTF XD

Just turned Igpu on and it shows up, but doesn't recognize when I plug a monitor into it

make sure it installed a driver.  if that doesnt work then you might want to try setting igpu as primary in bios, but i personally dont reccomend it.  it caused all kinds of problems when i tried it with my old mobo

May be a resolution issue as you didnt mention any of the specs for it. 

1 minute ago, tatsukage13 said:

make sure it installed a driver.  if that doesnt work then you might want to try setting igpu as primary in bios, but i personally dont reccomend it.  it caused all kinds of problems when i tried it with my old mobo

yeah intel graphics command center is installed, so don't know at this point.

3 hours ago, BOBWARPATH said:

Fault was in the cord. got it to work~!

I would definitely try using that 1060 though to be honest. Would look cool to have 2 GPU's as long as thermals in your case will be okay. As well as that the 1060 will do much better in performance and output of quality then the iGPU will.

Also, picture of set-up? I'm an absolute simp for monitors and screen real-estate, as well as home theater. It seems you have combined those things into a mega-tron ultimate productivity triple monitor setup of some sort LMFAO. I NEED to see this. 

Simp for Monitors and Home Theater. CompSci College Student. Looking for Internships!

1 hour ago, Peace22 said:

I would definitely try using that 1060 though to be honest. Would look cool to have 2 GPU's as long as thermals in your case will be okay. As well as that the 1060 will do much better in performance and output of quality then the iGPU will.

Also, picture of set-up? I'm an absolute simp for monitors and screen real-estate, as well as home theater. It seems you have combined those things into a mega-tron ultimate productivity triple monitor setup of some sort LMFAO. I NEED to see this. 

I have a pic of main area, I'll have to grab one of projector screen when I come home.

20200616_211427.jpg

10 minutes ago, BOBWARPATH said:

I have a pic of main area, I'll have to grab one of projector screen when I come home.

Damn I see now, your setup is a wild mess, but hey it works. As long as it's getting the job done it works haha! I'm definitely wondering what the projector must be for!

Simp for Monitors and Home Theater. CompSci College Student. Looking for Internships!