Transferring Win10 license to clean install

SleepingGiant

Hello there,

Scenario i a'm in right now:

Acer laptop (win10) while trying to reset(using windows built in feature) the one that asks you to choose between keep files or clean install

Windows run in to a problem in the middle of the reset process

Now it's stuck in a boot loop. Feels like the os was corrupted during the process due to issues encountered.

What i want to do now:

Using Microsoft Media tool to create a win10 bootable flash drive and clean format the laptop(done creating the bootable)

How do i keep my license in the event of using this process?

Someone from the forum told me it should automatically pick up the license in the UEFI. The thing I'm getting concerned is the format screen shows before it asks me for the license

I know the process of installing windows is

format drive-> choose drive-> wait to finish-> proceeds to windows-> ask license-> finishing up install.

(Base on my experience in formating my desktop

Thanks for the help!

Just install that system. Why do you even ask questions? What if someone answers you like "you must retrieve your key from the system before"? You can't do that anyway because your system is dead. So what is your only option? Only installing new system. So do it and ask questions later if system becomes unactivated (and I bet that will be activated).

Next time - do not reset your system. Use it.

Why people are so protective and need to know everything before doing anything? If a window was displayed with with "OK" button and description "press OK button", I bet that lot of people will ask the question "what should I do?". Sometimes the best method is to act, follow the messages on the screen and don't worry too much.