I'm getting 60 fps consistantly but feels like 30

ggextreme

Hello I have been issues with my pc it is barely a month old and ever since I build it games feel choppy and not on 60 fps. Modern warfare feels even worse. I have tried disabling v-sync and enabling and nothing I have tried a lot of things watched youtube videos and nothing. Does anyone have any advice? I mean i can live with it and get used to it but it is annoying af.

My pc is a:

Amd ryzen 2600( not overclocked)

Asrock b450m pro 4

Viper 16gb ram

Adata su650 480 gb

Amd rx 570 8b

11 minutes ago, GenericFanboy said:

What screen do you have? What its refresh rate, maybe you have it lowered to 30. (or 29)

Forgot the full name but it is an acer with 75hz and it is maxed

Your configuration will not allow you to use maximum settings in modern games, so maybe lower settings a little. Also - configure settings in games - you have lot of them usually.

If you like vsync (like me for example), set your monitor to 60Hz in games. You'll have bigger chance to keep your fps. Otherwise fps drops by half.

1 minute ago, homeap5 said:

Your configuration will not allow you to use maximum settings in modern games, so maybe lower settings a little. Also - configure settings in games - you have lot of them usually.

I lower the settings on every game especially modernwarfare and it still has the same feeling

Check your FPS with a counter of some kind.  Inconsistent frametimes will feel really chuggy and clunky.  If you're using Vsync, your hardware has to be able to consistently manage to keep frametimes in sync with your target framerate.  I.E. if you're running your panel at 75Hz, your framerate has to be maintained at 75hz or it'll slip down into the next divisible frame rate or double a frame if it isn't keeping up.  You can turn Vsync off, but if your framerates are bouncing between super high and super low, that's also going to feel very inconsistent.  An RX 570 is a halfway decent card, but you may have to drop a few settings for modern warfare in particular to feel smooth if the performance of my RX 580 8gb is anything to go by.  Disabling Vsync and capping your framerate so it remains consistent using something like RTSS is a decent solution.  

Hi there,

You have mentioned that you lower the settings on every game. Do you set them at low or medium? Since you are playing Modern Warfare, it is always better to play with the lowest settings. Be sure to disable Vsync.

I also agree to the fact that you need to maintain the frame rate in order to ensure a consistent fps.

Hope this helps!

15 minutes ago, B1ueskycomp1ex said:

Check your FPS with a counter of some kind.  Inconsistent frametimes will feel really chuggy and clunky.  If you're using Vsync, your hardware has to be able to consistently manage to keep frametimes in sync with your target framerate.  I.E. if you're running your panel at 75Hz, your framerate has to be maintained at 75hz or it'll slip down into the next divisible frame rate or double a frame if it isn't keeping up.  You can turn Vsync off, but if your framerates are bouncing between super high and super low, that's also going to feel very inconsistent.  An RX 570 is a halfway decent card, but you may have to drop a few settings for modern warfare in particular to feel smooth if the performance of my RX 580 8gb is anything to go by.  Disabling Vsync and capping your framerate so it remains consistent using something like RTSS is a decent solution.  

I mean modern warfare runs at 75 fps normal at high settings it does not go down from that. It says 75 fps on all games it does not go down from that

55 minutes ago, DeanB097 said:

Hi there,

You have mentioned that you lower the settings on every game. Do you set them at low or medium? Since you are playing Modern Warfare, it is always better to play with the lowest settings. Be sure to disable Vsync.

I also agree to the fact that you need to maintain the frame rate in order to ensure a consistent fps.

Hope this helps!

Yep I play at low and it is capped at 75 fps i capped it at 60 fps before but did nothing still getting choppy gameplay

Turn off Enchanced sync (it cause alot of microstutter) And also turn of VSR (also causes microstutter when using higher res then native)

Let's agree to disagree

7 hours ago, MrTiC said:

Turn off Enchanced sync (it cause alot of microstutter) And also turn of VSR (also causes microstutter when using higher res then native)

Both are off and i have the same problem I'm going to show you a video. Quick question my ssd has been acting up a little. For example, when turning on the pc it starts to stutter a little then it runs fine but it does say it is 100 disk and the ssd temps go up to 55c