Parts for gaming desktop

Budget (including currency): $2500 - $3000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Assassin's creed Valhalla, Squad, Cyberpunk (if it doesnt get delayed again), Mafia: Definitive Edition, Watch dogs legion, alot of milsim and strategy games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): upgrading from laptop to desktop, would like to be able to upgrade on later dates 

Considering half the games you want to play haven't even been released yet, I'd consider waiting until the new GPUs drop, and potentially new Zen 3 CPUs as well. This is a horribly bad time to be building a new computer.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

At your budget an intel 10th gen cpu will be top of the line for games due to higher clock speed and will likely give you one generation of upgradability. Ryzen will be slightly slower but have more cores for other tasks and have better bang for your buck. To my knowledge AMD has not announced how long they will continue to use the AM4 socket for there mainstream CPUs but they have been using it for a while know and have confirmed that Ryzen 4000 series will continue to use it, so it will likely last just as long or longer then intel's new platform.

It may be worth waiting a bit for you as Nvidia and AMD are about to release new products and pricing will likely improve on the current hardware as well as new things being available. If Nvidia's new GPUs are able to take advantage of PCIe 4.0 then that would be a big point for going with an AMD system.

In short:

New things are coming that will change the market.

Right now Intel is still best for games

AMD has a better value and future proofing 

Good luck!

4 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Considering half the games you want to play haven't even been released yet, I'd consider waiting until the new GPUs drop, and potentially new Zen 3 CPUs as well. This is a horribly bad time to be building a new computer.

thanks for the input (those are the games im hoping to run in the future) but i play alot of mil sim games and games like forza and halo atm so i wanna play those alot better and what do you mean by horrible time to be building a new pc is it because new parts are going to be annouced or because of economy troubles (im fine on money i have saved this up and i have a comfortable amount of savings thats why my budget is a bit lower),

13 minutes ago, CWALD said:

At your budget an intel 10th gen cpu will be top of the line for games due to higher clock speed and will likely give you one generation of upgradability. Ryzen will be slightly slower but have more cores for other tasks and have better bang for your buck. To my knowledge AMD has not announced how long they will continue to use the AM4 socket for there mainstream CPUs but they have been using it for a while know and have confirmed that Ryzen 4000 series will continue to use it, so it will likely last just as long or longer then intel's new platform.

It may be worth waiting a bit for you as Nvidia and AMD are about to release new products and pricing will likely improve on the current hardware as well as new things being available. If Nvidia's new GPUs are able to take advantage of PCIe 4.0 then that would be a big point for going with an AMD system.

In short:

New things are coming that will change the market.

Right now Intel is still best for games

AMD has a better value and future proofing 

Good luck!

thanks for the advice hopefully i dont have to wait to long because my laptop is on its last legs and im kinda impatient with this stuff 

2 minutes ago, IM_A_POTATO26 said:

thanks for the advice hopefully i dont have to wait to long because my laptop is on its last legs and im kinda impatient with this stuff 

Nvidia is supposed to be releasing things in September and AMD in October. Hopefully thats not to long for you.

28 minutes ago, CWALD said:

Nvidia is supposed to be releasing things in September and AMD in October. Hopefully thats not to long for you.

thats plenty close and my budget should increase a little bit by then as well 

2 hours ago, IM_A_POTATO26 said:

thanks for the input (those are the games im hoping to run in the future) but i play alot of mil sim games and games like forza and halo atm so i wanna play those alot better and what do you mean by horrible time to be building a new pc is it because new parts are going to be annouced or because of economy troubles (im fine on money i have saved this up and i have a comfortable amount of savings thats why my budget is a bit lower),

Mostly the new parts. We're down to a matter of weeks. However, some components like PSUs are overinflated/still hard to find, because of COVID-19, so there is that too.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse