I need help getting a case

Sushunuchi

So, I have a Optiplex 390 slim tower and I was looking to upgrade the case so Id have more room to put a non low profile GPU in my system.

My motherboard is a om5dcd motherboard so if anyone can tell me which case is compatible with this monitor pls speak up.

Cpu- I5 2400

Gpu- gt 1030 (upgrading to a 1050 soon)

Ram- 16gb (2x8)

HHD- 500gb (plus 1tb of Portable storage)

Power supply- 350 watts ( I think)

Please help asap and thank you!

Pretty sure the motherboard is a Micro ATX form factor. How much are you willing to spend on the case? And in what currency/country?

21 minutes ago, vortextech77 said:

Pretty sure the motherboard is a Micro ATX form factor. How much are you willing to spend on the case? And in what currency/country?

Well im willing to spend not much more than 60 US dollars

last I checked, the 390 motherboard is compatible with ATX and micro ATX cases. Get the a nice cheap one and you can upgrade the PSU to a standard ATX PSU.

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Case Rosewill FBM-06 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $29.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $64.94 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $94.93
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-25 20:09 EDT-0400  

This is as cheap as I recommend.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

last I checked, the 390 motherboard is compatible with ATX and micro ATX cases. Get the a nice cheap one and you can upgrade the PSU to a standard ATX PSU.

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Case Rosewill FBM-06 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $29.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $64.94 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $94.93
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-25 20:09 EDT-0400  

This is as cheap as I recommend.

Are there anyonther cases I could get or search for myself? 

Just now, Sushunuchi said:

even if it is a bit over budget I am willing to spend up to 80 US dollars on a case.

1 minute ago, Sushunuchi said:

a used case from a local market like FB market or letgo would be fine, or make your own out of that fancy cardboard stuff I hear so much about. I don't recommend a used PSU though.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

the H510 is fine, it's not a bad case by any means and it looks cool. If you were interested in using a case that you will move forward to a future PC, it's a good call.

Primary PC:

Alright, I'm looking for a case with a see through side panel so I can see the rbg fans so if u can please help me find one and the fans for the case.

What about fans?

the fan department is not something i dive into much as i always just buy noctua fans because of better performance but they come at a high premium cost. and no rgb. 

but jayztwocents gave rad reviews of these https://www.amazon.com/EZDIY-FAB-Addressable-Motherboard-Adjustable-Controller/dp/B07KBB23V1

his review is here 

3 minutes ago, truckerlenny1990 said:

the fan department is not something i dive into much as i always just buy noctua fans because of better performance but they come at a high premium cost. and no rgb. 

but jayztwocents gave rad reviews of these https://www.amazon.com/EZDIY-FAB-Addressable-Motherboard-Adjustable-Controller/dp/B07KBB23V1

his review is here 

Alright I'll check the video out and the fans too.

I used these upHere fans in Rainbow 🦆Build Log in my signature, really good fans for the price.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 8/25/2020 at 8:13 PM, Sushunuchi said:

even if it is a bit over budget I am willing to spend up to 80 US dollars on a case.

you are going to get a gtx 1050, but will spend the same amount on a case? i would get a cheaper case with a better video card