Ultrawide Monitor Recommendations

JazzaWil

Hey guys, so im looking to get into the weird wacky world of a duel monitor set up. I'm currently running a Xb271HU(TN edition) and while I love this monitor, them ultrawides be catching my eye. 

I'm willing to spend at least $1000 AUD(700usd, 607 euro) and up to $1500 AUD(1000usd, 900euro).

The main specs at least I've been looking at is a resolution of 3440 x 1440p, 100hz+ and somewhat decent colours. They don't have to be something like the gln850 where it seems its best for gaming and content creation but also something that isn't going to make me look at my current monitor and think well this isn't the greatest new thing. 

For reference some monitors ive looked at are the x34p, gln850(out of my price range by 100AUD but if worse comes to worse ill spend the extra id just rather not). Looking through reviews mainly from hardware unboxed

Any help would be appreciated 😊

Be advised the G7 has major issues where people are returning them due to flickering.

6 minutes ago, Grihm said:

Be advised the G7 has major issues where people are returning them due to flickering.

Ahhh okay i assume this is some weird warranty thing then?

2 minutes ago, JazzaWil said:

Ahhh okay i assume this is some weird warranty thing then?

AS i have heard and read, people are just sending them back all over the place. A local online store in Sweden seems to get them a lot in the " used " section, stating it´s been opened but barely used. Samsung has not said anything about it, and looking on Twitter they basically ask customers to contact their support. Seems like they are holding something back. 

Some places to check out for this issue.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/computers-it/samsung-oddysey-g7-32-flickering-problem-when-adaptive-sync-is/td-p/1884018

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/hl6ern/samsung_odyssey_g7_adaptivesync_flickering_issues/

not sure about AUS but there's the AOC Nitro XV340CK. 1440p 34" 144hz freesync flat panel