Youtube broken?

Either that or I've actually disliked literally everything on YouTube. This morning it only gave me about 10 recommendations that I disliked all of, and each refresh reduced the number by 1, now I'm down to just 1 recommended video.

Untitled.thumb.png.b54009692e7ce53f6462ea1fa158916b.png

Anyone else getting this, or have I actually disliked every video on YT?

#Muricaparrotgang

So, what happens if you dislike the final video?

Isn't broken for me.

It isn't broken for me but try opening yt in a new tab.

7 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

have I actually disliked every video on YT?

image.png.cd0cd9a92aac644eb0088da9eb4ddd14.png

I highly doubt it. Just some glitch It will probably get back to normal soon.

1 hour ago, gloop said:

So, what happens if you dislike the final video?

Isn't broken for me.

It swaps between 1 and 3 recommended videos. Maybe at some point it'll divide by zero and the entirety of YT will shut down.

*Edit, now it refreshed and recommended me literally nothing. YT now knows with certainty that I hate everything and there's nothing of value on the service.

Untitled.thumb.png.9bc60d8e7b7f2bc7c20d81818c747b1a.png

#Muricaparrotgang

Try with a different browser. It might also be a browser extension that you're using that's causing the issue. (could be your adblocker or some other one)

Also, just don't use the Home Page... Like ever. Click on the Subscription option on the left menu to actually see what the people who you follow, have uploaded recently. The home page will, more often than not, show you stuff from years ago and not show the content from all your subscriptions, but only a select few of them.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Try opening a new incognito window and try there.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Youtube algorithm: "Dislike all videos, well here you go"

No seriously, if you have literally disliked hundreds or thousands of videos while never liking anything, it's always possible you've screwed up their algorithm and it has no obvious idea what to show you. Kind of need to ask on a youtube forum though. Not like we can see what their algorithm is using at any given time. It has to have something to base what videos to show you.

6 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Try with a different browser. It might also be a browser extension that you're using that's causing the issue. (could be your adblocker or some other one)

It's happening on mobile as well. Hasn't stopped yet.

2 hours ago, EricX2 said:

Youtube algorithm: "Dislike all videos, well here you go"

No seriously, if you have literally disliked hundreds or thousands of videos while never liking anything, it's always possible you've screwed up their algorithm and it has no obvious idea what to show you. Kind of need to ask on a youtube forum though. Not like we can see what their algorithm is using at any given time. It has to have something to base what videos to show you.

The algorithm would be a lot better if I could just say I don't like certain genres. I watch gaming videos, so it shows me hundreds of meme videos and COD whatever I couldn't care less about. Or Esports.

As it stands, it just keeps recommending the same shit that I have to keep disliking instead of saying "I don't like COD."

#Muricaparrotgang

27 minutes ago, sirThatsIllegal said:

Can I ask why you disliked every video?

Because I didn't like them? YT kept recommending the same stuff over and over. Like, I looked up some videos on MSFS and then it started flooding my feed with actual pilot vlogs and stuff. I'm not interested in that. Or esports, or COD, or random music videos/channels, etc. Or memes, animal videos... it just kept recommending a bunch of garbage.

#Muricaparrotgang

7 hours ago, thisisderpy said:

What's it like if you aren't logged in?

It seems to have fixed itself this morning, but it was still a weird thing to happen.

#Muricaparrotgang