Quiet 120mm fan

Rlmva

I need a intake fan for my case, and I am looking for one that is quiet yet still has good airflow. I would like to not go over $30 for it if possible, and if its a 3 pin fan that is even better because that is what I have left on my board.

If it's going to be mounted behind a fairly restrictive dust filter, for right around $30 you could get an NF-A12x25. If not, you can get an NF-S12A for around $20 which is very good when it comes to open air performance.

If you want something cheaper, there's Arctic's P12.

Also, you can plug a PWM/4-pin fan into a 3-pin connector on the motherboard.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

That's $30 for one fan? Whew. The Noctua NF-F12 fans are the best on the market, and they make them in black now. About $20 a fan.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07654PNFQ?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

Does the slot take a 140mm fan? 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07655KF5C?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

5 minutes ago, Rlmva said:

I need a intake fan for my case, and I am looking for one that is quiet yet still has good airflow. I would like to not go over $30 for it if possible, and if its a 3 pin fan that is even better because that is what I have left on my board.

If you wanna go cheap with near noctua performance an arctic p12 will more than do. For 30 you can even get a 5 pack :p.

3 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

The Noctua NF-F12 fans are the best on the market

The A12x25 would like to have a word. It's just too bad that they don't come in black...for now at least.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

11 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

The A12x25 would like to have a word. It's just too bad that they don't come in black...for now at least.

Yeah that's why I don't recommend them 

While I love the Noctua Colours, people are put off by them. The A12x15 fans come in black though.

10 hours ago, Aereldor said:

The A12x15 fans come in black though.

Eh, those aren't the same thing.

I have the same question about which silent fans to get. I want 4x PWM fans for my case, though don't fancy spending £100 on the fans for the Noctua ones that everyone recommends! I want a cheaper but ultimately still quiet PWM fans.

Are the BeQuiet Silent Wings 2 worth getting (not 3, because they're similarly priced to Noctua)

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

On 8/24/2020 at 3:42 PM, chiller15 said:

Are the BeQuiet Silent Wings 2 worth getting (not 3, because they're similarly priced to Noctua)

If I'm not mistaken my old Dark Rock 3 had a Silent Wings 2 fan on it, and it was also very good and near silent. Still works just as well now after 6+ years.

On 8/24/2020 at 8:42 AM, chiller15 said:

I have the same question about which silent fans to get. I want 4x PWM fans for my case, though don't fancy spending £100 on the fans for the Noctua ones that everyone recommends! I want a cheaper but ultimately still quiet PWM fans.

I got a BeQuiet Shadow Wings 2 for my intake fan, and its very quiet. I don't even notice it being on.