Headset for Gaming

tregknight

Hey! I want headset for gaming. My budget is about 95-110$. I thought something like Razer Kraken 7.1 

But is razer good or are some good too like roccat or corsair?

Thank you!

DIY http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SE-A1000-Over-Ear-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B0033PROOY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394037542&sr=8-1&keywords=se+a1000

and

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATR-3350-Omnidirectional-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B002HJ9PTO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1394037558&sr=8-4&keywords=clip+on+mic

or some other lavalier or clip on mics

some other members know clip on mic that is good, i cant find it

but that audio technica lavalier mic has good quality sound, not sure about others.

the headsets you've mentioned all fall in in about the same category. they are good but they are not audiophile good. I would just pick the one you think looks the best and feels the most comfortable. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

logitech G930 fucking awesome headset gets my recommendation. pretty much anything but CM Storm i bought a CM Storm headset, worked well for a month or 2 then fell apart.

I wouldn't get that Razer stuff.. All my Razer peripherals died after just 2 years of normal use (including my headset).

Go with a Corsair Vengeance 2100 if you like wireless or a Vengeance 1500v2 if you don't. Or maybe find something more audiophile grade like a Sennheiser G4ME ZERO/ONE or a Sennheiser PC360.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

Are this corsair wireless good? I mean it doesnt have any audio delay or microphone delay, just good headset without wire? 

I have a 7.1 DPLIIz home theater setup in my living room with an excellent set of speakers and powered subwoofer driven by a large high end amp... so I take sound kinda seriously.  Anyways my son and I both use Razer Kraken Pro's for our gaming duties.  We are not audiophiles by any means... and we probably wouldn't notice any difference if we did a blind listening test with any of those options you mentioned.  But I will tell you this, after trying on the Razer Kraken Pros for the first time I was surprised with how light and comfortable they are... then when I listened to music and gamed with them on, I was again surprised.  I'm sure there are better sets out there as far as sound goes, but as far as comfort goes it's gonna be hard to get me to use anything other than the Razer Kraken Pros.  They also have a nice little mic that can be tucked away when just listening and not talking, the mic quality is good enough for what it is intended to be used for... gaming.  When my son and I Skype using these mics the sound stays clear and makes it easy to understand eachother, when we record game play, sound from mic is also good.  You really can't go wrong with The Kraken Pros.  Sure there are better sets, but these things are comfortable, and if you don't want to act like some audiophile... the sound is great also.

My rig =SCOUT2= 

I have a 7.1 DPLIIz home theater setup in my living room with an excellent set of speakers and powered subwoofer driven by a large high end amp... so I take sound kinda seriously.  Anyways my son and I both use Razer Kraken Pro's for our gaming duties.  We are not audiophiles by any means... and we probably wouldn't notice any difference if we did a blind listening test with any of those options you mentioned.  But I will tell you this, after trying on the Razer Kraken Pros for the first time I was surprised with how light and comfortable they are... then when I listened to music and gamed with them on, I was again surprised.  I'm sure there are better sets out there as far as sound goes, but as far as comfort goes it's gonna be hard to get me to use anything other than the Razer Kraken Pros.  They also have a nice little mic that can be tucked away when just listening and not talking, the mic quality is good enough for what it is intended to be used for... gaming.  When my son and I Skype using these mics the sound stays clear and makes it easy to understand eachother, when we record game play, sound from mic is also good.  You really can't go wrong with The Kraken Pros.  Sure there are better sets, but these things are comfortable, and if you don't want to act like some audiophile... the sound is great also.

So you reccomend kraken Pro, hmm is there any difference between kraker 7.1? I like your story :). But Razer is your number 1 but what about corsair vengeance 2100? Is they worth? Do u know about corsair´s headset? 

I haven't tried the Corsairs... I know they are a reputable company (my sons desktop is built with Corsair components), but I have no opinion towards their headphones because I haven't had a chance to try them.   As far as the Kraken Pros 7.1, the only thing I would guess is that a headphone with 7.1 surround might have a bunch of little underpowered speakers in each earcup... instead of one speaker that has a fuller more detailed sound.  I think 7.1 surround is more for home theater systems with full size appropriately placed speakers, driven by an appropriately powered amp.  I'm not gonna say 7.1 headphones are a gimmick, just that it would be hard to build that configuration properly in a set of earcups.  For gaming I would guess that a decent pair of stereo headphones would be all you really need, with the regular Kraken Pros... if you need a mic ever for communications it's there.  So I would recommend the Razer Kraken Pros without the 7.1.  Another set that is about the same price is the ROG Asus Orion... I almost bought those, but my son wanted (and got) the lime green Kraken Pros.  I don't like that lime green look (but I had to copy him) so I got the Kraken Pros in black.

My rig =SCOUT2= 

how are kraken pros comfortable when the speakers arent even deep inside the earpads? when i had them my ears were touching the speakers. also, the mic on kraken pro picks up what you hear so if ur talking to someone on vent they hear ur music, game, etc

I always thought the phrase "headset for gaming" was pretty funny, as they don't actually aid in playing a video game.  :rolleyes:

also, the mic on kraken pro picks up what you hear so if ur talking to someone on vent they hear ur music, game, etc

That's a common defect amongst headsets, and very likely that not everyone with Kraken Pro's experiences this.

lol, are u making my decision ever harder? :D I had watched orio but in my country its too high, so hands up who want razer :D. Its tough decision. Are roccat´ and corsair´s too bad or not? :D 

Yes headsets are tough to pick from.  I would just try on many different pairs and pick the most comfortable.  Unless you consider yourself to be some kind of audiophile, most regular gamers aren't gonna even be able to notice much difference in the sound quality between the different brands.  If you are unable to try on different pairs to test their comfort... just read the reviews and make an educated guess.

My rig =SCOUT2= 

Yes headsets are tough to pick from. I would just try on many different pairs and pick the most comfortable. Unless you consider yourself to be some kind of audiophile, most regular gamers aren't gonna even be able to notice much difference in the sound quality between the different brands. If you are unable to try on different pairs to test their comfort... just read the reviews and make an educated guess.

I don't know why but i like Corsair :D and Roccat too but so much people have say that keyboards and mices have some mistake and won't work correctly. So there are 2 options Corsair or Razer. But thank you for helping

I don't know why but i like Corsair :D and Roccat too but so much people have say that keyboards and mices have some mistake and won't work correctly. So there are 2 options Corsair or Razer. But thank you for helping

I have Razer Kraken Forged on sale in the classified section ;)

But on a serious note, dedicated headphone and mic would sound better. 

But the whole point is that i don't live in the USA and sending that headset to me cost too much money. But will you add that post where you sell them? :D