Inspiration for my first ever Pc.

Tushar164

Hello everyone! Being a long time Linus tech tips subscriber/fanboy I am finally at a stage in my life where I can build my own pc. Nothing too crazy, just a gaming pc with some photoshop/premier pro capabilities. I am able to dish out around $2000 (Canadian) on the setup. And it shouldn’t be a surprise but I am a huge sucker for rgb! I remember watching the “The Super Clean gaming PC build”on the channel like 8-9 months ago. I am trying to build a similar kinda setup. Also, I am a huge weeb, so any suggestions on making my pc a bit more “anime-ish” would be great. Preferred cpu for me is an AMD cpu, and I am a sucker for AIO’s as well. Thanks in advance for all the suggestion. It will be a great help if you guys can suggest me some of build or some suggestions about going with AMD or Intel. 

Welcome on board. What are you using your computer for? And is the $2000 strictly for the tower or do you need a monitor and peripherals in there as well? Also are you strictly looking to buy new?

Welcome to the forum!

Can you wait a few months before you build? New CPUs and amd GPUs are expected later this year. If you can’t wait until then, can you atleast wait a few weeks for ampere to launch?

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

3 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

Welcome on board. What are you using your computer for? And is the $2000 strictly for the tower or do you need a monitor and peripherals in there as well? Also are you strictly looking to buy new?

I have a good gaming mouse with my laptop at the moment.  And good headphones I.e the razer kraken. It would be great if I can get a good setup under 2k with the monitor and keyboard but I can always dish out a bit more for the monitor and the keyboard. And I am open to buy used parts as well. 

5 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

Welcome to the forum!

Can you wait a few months before you build? New CPUs and amd GPUs are expected later this year. If you can’t wait until then, can you atleast wait a few weeks for ampere to launch?

To be honest, I can wait for around 2-3 months. But I start my new startup in December and I would need the pc for photoshop and basically everything adobe related would be done on the pc. 

Just now, Tushar164 said:

To be honest, I can wait for around 2-3 months. But I start my new startup in December and I would need the pc for photoshop and basically everything adobe related would be done on the pc. 

Then you should wait until a few weeks before you are planning on building before you make a parts list so you can see if the new generation of parts are out.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

1 minute ago, Tushar164 said:

I have a good gaming mouse with my laptop at the moment.  And good headphones I.e the razer kraken. It would be great if I can get a good setup under 2k with the monitor and keyboard but I can always dish out a bit more for the monitor and the keyboard. And I am open to buy used parts as well. 

Ok well if you are open to buying used than I would HIGHLY recommend finding someone who is dumping a RTX2XXX card because they want a 3XXX series. As for a build goes, once again, need to know the purpose of the machine, IE GPU intensive or CPU intensive or balanced

3 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

Ok well if you are open to buying used than I would HIGHLY recommend finding someone who is dumping a RTX2XXX card because they want a 3XXX series. As for a build goes, once again, need to know the purpose of the machine, IE GPU intensive or CPU intensive or balanced

Why get a used gpu? Based on current pricing rumors, op should be able to fit a 3080 or atleast a 3070 which should outperform any 2000 series card that they could find used for a somewhat similar price.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

11 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

Then you should wait until a few weeks before you are planning on building before you make a parts list so you can see if the new generation of parts are out.

That doesn’t sound like a bad idea. My only concern is that the new releases might be more expensive. I might be completely wrong but I am huge mobile-phone tech nerd and it only goes up with any new model. 

12 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

I will definitely want a balanced pc. Like I mention cpu intensive tasks like premier pro and photoshop and then you intensive tasks like playing games and such. 

Just now, zeusthemoose said:

Why get a used gpu? Based on current pricing rumors, op should be able to fit a 3080 or atleast a 3070 which should outperform any 2000 series card that they could find used for a somewhat similar price.

We dont know for sure what we are dealing with performance wise, its all speculation till we see them benchmarked. And it depends on what the used market is doing where he lives. I live in Canada too and Ive seen 2080tis in my area being dumped for $1000 bucks when they retailed at $1800-1900. Im not saying he needs that card, but if he can get a great deal on a still very relevant RTX2XXX series card than it might be worth it to stay inside his budget. Once agian we dont know the full extent of his work load yet. But yes I agree with you that if for example he cant find a 2070 super for much less than a 3070 then it would be silly to buy the used one.

I will definitely want a balanced pc. Like I mention cpu intensive tasks like premier pro and photoshop and then you intensive tasks like playing games and such. 

OK im gonna look to see what fits the budget, but as the other person mentioned, there is a lot of new hardware dropping fairly soon

*gpu intensive. 

Just now, Ravendarat said:

OK im gonna look to see what fits the budget, but as the other person mentioned, there is a lot of new hardware dropping fairly soon

Thankyou so much! I will definitely be on the lookout for new hardware releases but having An idea as to what I want my pc to be for example the ram module the aio the power supply(which is pretty easy but still) and mainly for the aesthetic of the build 

Theres a quick list. Its 80 bucks over without your monitor but some of these parts might drop in price or you can keep your eyes open for sales, and as I said you might find  a GPU on the secondary market for less. If you wanna cut the price down you can drop the AIO and use the included cooler that comes with the CPU which is a very serviceable piece and add an AIO later on. Also I didnt include windows because you can just buy and OEM key for like 10 bucks