Is my GTX 690 DEAD? Please help!

Sephiroth720

Hey Everyone... 

I've got a bit of a weird issue with my 2nd Gaming PC's GPU. I've recently built my 2nd rig (specs follow) purely for "displaying" a very decent looking and somewhat sentimental GPU of mine (believe that if you will haha).

Mobo: Asus Prime A320M-K (with latest BIOS)
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 (Cooled by 120mm AIO)

RAM: 8GB DDR4 @ 2666mhz

GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 690 Founders Edition

PSU: Cooler Master MWE White 750W

Now I have just installed the new 750W PSU as I knew this GPU was going to be quiet power hungry and the nvidia "minimum" power requirement was 650W so I was trying to give it more than it needed. Having done that, I now try to run benchmark tools like Unigine Heaven & Valley... 3D Mark Firestrike & Skydiver etc. Almost instantly as soon as the GPU ramps up to around 80 - 99% usage it starts having what you'd call "micro-freezes" that some last longer than others. Until eventually it will kick me back to desktop with no error codes or anything. 

I've tried keeping an eye on the heat which maxes out at 81 degrees Celsius. I have also checked the "usage" section in HW Monitor which tells me that I've hit the "reliable voltage limit" which is very weird as I thought the PSU would be more than enough for this GPU. 

Hopefully all that made sense. Let me know if you need to know anything else.

Thanks guys!

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm AIO | Gigabyte Aorus M B450 Motherboard | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3000mhz  | Samsung 860 Pro 2TB | MSi Geforce RTX 2060 Super Gaming X 8GB | BeQuiet PurePower 11 700W |

7 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

690 is the dual 680 cards right?

Did you enable or disable SLI?

I've just DDU'd it just incase it was the drivers so I'll reinstall & check out what config it's running in. Thanks for that.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm AIO | Gigabyte Aorus M B450 Motherboard | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3000mhz  | Samsung 860 Pro 2TB | MSi Geforce RTX 2060 Super Gaming X 8GB | BeQuiet PurePower 11 700W |

28 minutes ago, Sephiroth720 said:

snip

Could be the board (or more accuratly the CPU), modern systems have issues with older dual GPU cards, I know for a fact that Intel's X299 platform just can't run old dual GPUs cards from the CPU PCIe lanes, so that would be my first suspect. The GTX 690 also suffered a lot from the hardware gremlins, even when realatively new they had issues, this could be a case of that but hard to say. 

Edited by Lord Nicoll
added information for clarity

Yours faithfully