Hey everyone...

So I know a lot of you have had bad experiences with Lenovo and their tech support, but I really need some help with this one if anyone is able.

I bought a new Yoga A940 off of Lenovo's website with premium care. It is advertised to come with Tobii eye tracking software.

These all in one yoga a940s do NOT come with said software and are actually missing the drivers completely.

I called the day I received my machine and had a premium care technician go through the computer to confirm that there was drivers missing.

I waited a month and never heard from them and they conveniently closed my case without ever telling me a word.

After finally getting a hold of a manager after a week of no call backs, they finally agreed to send me a "new" yoga a940 and promised me that it had the drivers installed.

And big surprise...there was no drivers on the replacement computer. To add to that, there was a huge bulge in the casing and a scratch on the inside of the screen (see pictures).

There are multiple people on their forums that have found out the hard way about their false advertising.

I have also talked to Tobii directly and the said that the only ones that have those drivers are Lenovo, which they will not give you.

My head is spinning, and I've spent hours on the phone with them getting no where. If anyone can help that'd me amazing.

At least if you're thinking of buying a Yoga A940 and read this, you'll know not to do it!

IMG_20200815_170521.jpg

IMG_20200815_170549.jpg

IMG_20200817_100805.jpg

2 minutes ago, Zacdc98 said:

Hey everyone...

So I know a lot of you have had bad experiences with Lenovo and their tech support, but I really need some help with this one if anyone is able.

I bought a new Yoga A940 off of Lenovo's website with premium care. It is advertised to come with Tobii eye tracking software.

These all in one yoga a940s do NOT come with said software and are actually missing the drivers completely.

I called the day I received my machine and had a premium care technician go through the computer to confirm that there was drivers missing.

I waited a month and never heard from them and they conveniently closed my case without ever telling me a word.

After finally getting a hold of a manager after a week of no call backs, they finally agreed to send me a "new" yoga a940 and promised me that it had the drivers installed.

And big surprise...there was no drivers on the replacement computer. To add to that, there was a huge bulge in the casing and a scratch on the inside of the screen (see pictures).

There are multiple people on their forums that have found out the hard way about their false advertising.

I have also talked to Tobii directly and the said that the only ones that have those drivers are Lenovo, which they will not give you.

My head is spinning, and I've spent hours on the phone with them getting no where. If anyone can help that'd me amazing.

At least if you're thinking of buying a Yoga A940 and read this, you'll know not to do it!

IMG_20200815_170521.jpg

IMG_20200815_170549.jpg

IMG_20200817_100805.jpg

Get a refund and invest in something else? 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

26 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

It comes with the hardware for it you can just install the software online...

Yes it comes with the IR camera but no drivers, so the software will not install.

Annotation 2020-08-19 181008.png

27 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Get a refund and invest in something else? 

Yes! I'm trying...for 2 weeks and no ones gotten back to me

5 minutes ago, Zacdc98 said:

Yes! I'm trying...for 2 weeks and no ones gotten back to me

Call them? 

18 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Call them? 

I've called them every day this week and they either transfer me to another department or say "you'll get an email" and the only email I got said this... 

Screenshot_20200819_183602_com.google.android.gm.jpg

15 minutes ago, Zacdc98 said:

I've called them every day this week and they either transfer me to another department or say "you'll get an email" and the only email I got said this... 

Screenshot_20200819_183602_com.google.android.gm.jpg

That was only yesterday tbf. Keep pestering them they'll give in eventually.