Raspberry pi

NLamki
7 minutes ago, NLamki said:

yeah um I did that, connected the Pi back but now the light isnt blinking/on. did I just kill it?

nvm the lights are on now

24 minutes ago, NLamki said:

nvm the lights are on now

Are you able to continue to follow the tutorial?

Is the Pi connected to the internet now?

9 minutes ago, Jenko32 said:

Are you able to continue to follow the tutorial?

Is the Pi connected to the internet now?

Yes but how do I set it up for the whole network?image.thumb.png.2f134feb719e38a5001166366e5f6a9c.png

what do I enter here?

5 minutes ago, NLamki said:

Yes but how do I set it up for the whole networkimage.thumb.png.2f134feb719e38a5001166366e5f6a9c.png

what do I enter here?

I never worked with a D-Link router and don't know anything about them, but I'm not sure if this is the page you need to use for your case

2 minutes ago, Jenko32 said:

I never worked with a D-Link router and don't know anything about them, but I'm not sure if this is the page you need to use for your case

Then how do I set it up to work for the network?

I feel like you've taken yourself water over the head with this project. I don't want to be rude but if you are unable to even connect the Pi to your network then chances are you will break something and be left in a pretty bad spot later down the line. 

Read the raspberry pi wiki, do some Google searches, look up the manual for your router etc. I feel like you're using LTT as your personal Google search without trying or doing anything yourself. 

By the way, that D-link page you posted earlier is definently not what you want to change. You're about to change to static IP on the router. If you do that you'll be disconnected from the Internet. 

What you want to find is the DHCP settings for your LAN and change that. But it sounds to me like you haven't even been able to connect your Pi to your network yet, so at this point it probably won't even show up in your router. 

12 hours ago, LAwLz said:

I feel like you've taken yourself water over the head with this project. I don't want to be rude but if you are unable to even connect the Pi to your network then chances are you will break something and be left in a pretty bad spot later down the line. 

Read the raspberry pi wiki, do some Google searches, look up the manual for your router etc. I feel like you're using LTT as your personal Google search without trying or doing anything yourself. 

By the way, that D-link page you posted earlier is definently not what you want to change. You're about to change to static IP on the router. If you do that you'll be disconnected from the Internet. 

What you want to find is the DHCP settings for your LAN and change that. But it sounds to me like you haven't even been able to connect your Pi to your network yet, so at this point it probably won't even show up in your router. 

No I'm not using LTT as my own personal google. I've tried many times and thought to seek help from the experts. I got the Pi to work but didnt know how to manage the settings and ruined my router so I had to do a factory reset and try again.

*** Threads merged ***

Please keep this in one thread.
Also moved to Networking.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, NLamki said:

No I'm not using LTT as my own personal google. I've tried many times and thought to seek help from the experts. I got the Pi to work but didnt know how to manage the settings and ruined my router so I had to do a factory reset and try again.

Here is what you need to do:

1) Make your Raspberry Pi connect to your network. It seems like you have a Raspberry Pi model that only supports wireless, so that's what you need to get working. Someone posted the details on how to get it working earlier in the thread.

2) Go into your router settings and check which IP range the DHCP server is configured for. It will most likely be something like 192.168.100.10 to 192.168.100.254. What you want is to find an address that's NOT in that range. Change the range if you have to. 

3) Find the settings for the DHCP server in your router and set it to give your raspberry pi the same IP at all times, and that IP should be outside the DHCP range. So for example if your DHCP range looks like this: 192.168.100.10-254 then set it to something like 5 at the end.

4) Follow Linus' guide and use 192.168.100.5 as the DNS IP.