What is the point of the LTT Official Discord?

HotCheeseNachozAndBurritoz

The LTT Official Discord is very weird. The rules mention:

5. No advertising of any kind.
     • This includes "follow me @ Example", server invites, and affiliate links.
However after posting an educational video regarding online privacy: 

to initiate discussion, I get silenced by the bot with no explanation except that I was advertising. The rules must be more clear to prevent ambiguity. It was not an affiliate link, server invite, or advertising of any product. Last week I posted:

and did not get silenced. The goals of me posting my videos are always to initiate discussion and never to advertise any product. If you plan on silencing people for advertising, please be more explicit in your rules and in your bot silences. It would be advertising if it was my content or if I was profiting out of the things I post to initiate discussion. The videos posted were all of smaller YouTubers who posed no threat or competition to Linus Media Group. Thus the word "advertising of any kind" does not apply here. You may say that I am advertising "Free Software" but in that case, what entity am I really advertising? Saying things I like Corsair products is no less advertising and people don't get silenced for it.

I understand that it is private property and that I have to play by your rules and do not get to exercise free speech but please consider being more explicit in rules and silences. We want to create a friendly environment for all of us who are in the platform.

I did not know what category this would belong so I posted it in #off-topic.

2 minutes ago, HotCheeseNachozAndBurritoz said:

I did not know what category this would belong so I posted it in #off-topic.

You will need to contact the LTT discord team if you have any questions or concerns about the rules of the LTT discord or moderation practices.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Why have facebook, instagram, & twitter?

14 hours ago, fpo said:

Why have facebook, instagram, & twitter?

Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are some of the best things you can do to enhance your online privacy.

14 hours ago, Caroline said:

Why is Brave browser in a video about privacy?

Hmm... They should have included Google Chrome. The most private browser ever.

3 hours ago, Caroline said:

It's the same as chromium or firefox with an adblocker, not sure how that makes it more private but whatevs

also what's the point of using brave if you use let's say facebook, or search with google, or what's app, etc

He later states in the video that if you are tech savy, you can use Firefox with the ghacks-users.js profile. The only reason to mention brave was that it had great privacy settings out of the box for those users who don't want to do the extra step. We have to block ads as well as cross-site trackers which Brave does out of the box. Also Brave can use Tor in a private window.

I mean the fully paranoid will use Tor rather than Firefox or Chrome but I digress. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

47 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I mean the fully paranoid will use Tor rather than Firefox or Chrome but I digress. 

The fully paranoid will probably not use Tor browser. Instead he will have 5 layers of VMs using a different VPN + Tor Network each. That makes 20 nodes that carry their network traffic. Also the fully paranoid's router also uses Tor so 23 relay nodes. The fully paranoid will not run any sort of proprietary firmware and use the linux-libre kernel and use a FSF approved distro. The fully paranoid will also have a RISC-V processor to avoid AMD PSP and Intel ME. The fully paranoid individual also has a very strong wifi antenna which uses a public wifi from 10 miles away. Then that is connected to his own router which uses Tor. Also this boomer refuses to run any proprietary software. Cries in latency while playing online in Super Tux Kart. The web browser this individual uses in Lynx. Also this individual does not trust the repo and compiles everything from source after reading the code 10 times which makes him more vulnerable because he is still running Linux 3.1 without any new security patches.