Computer randomly restarts

Since yesterday that have updated amd driver of my gpu (20.8.2) my computer is restarting after playing for sometime but after restart I can play for some hours again . For example yesterday the computer restarted after 2 hours playing , then after restart I've run aida 64 for 1h and half on stability test and everything was fine .... Today I've played for another 2h and restarted again .after that decided to reeinstall the gpu drivers to version 20.8.1 and Played for one more hour and everything went fine , after that decided to do one more stability test that this time test failed and have restarted my pc in about 45min .... So I have run another stability test again and it was running for 1h without any issue ... My temps in cpu reached to 58°c , Mb to 47°c and GPU 75°c ...

What could be the issue , I am really confuse, I was thinking about driver issue because of the timing but now I am thinking on my gpu or psu ...
I am only getting "unexpected shutting down " message on event logs ...
I have run tests on ram on memtest 86 with 1 pass and no erros

List of components :

Xfx Rx 580 gts xxx 4gb
Bitfenix formula gold 550w
Corsair xms3 4gbx2 1666mhz
Amd a8 6600k
Msi a88xm e35
I am using 4 fans and 1 ODD , 1 ssd and 2hdd

The PSU have about 5 months .
The ram , mb and cpu have about 5 years
The gpu have about 3 years

26 minutes ago, Rui Neves said:

The PSU have about 5 months .

Might be a PSU problem or bad connections.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

7 hours ago, 1ricco said:

Try to unistall your current driver with ddu (display driver unistaller https://www.wagnardsoft.com/) to make sure its completly removed and reinstall the 20.8.1 version

I did that

On 8/19/2020 at 3:58 AM, MadAnt250 said:

Might be a PSU problem or bad connections.

I take it to a store they said that is no hardware issue , could be some power outlet issue or some usb device ... They said 

2 hours ago, Rui Neves said:

I take it to a store they said that is no hardware issue , could be some power outlet issue or some usb device ... They said 

What anti-virus program do you have running? If they claim its not a hardware issue, then it can only be software related of some type. Some anti-virus programs have been known to crash computers. Are you sure they ruled out the ram being faulty? You can test that yourself with the app below. 

Link: https://www.memtest86.com/

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

6 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

What anti-virus program do you have running? If they claim its not a hardware issue, then it can only be software related of some type. Some anti-virus programs have been known to crash computers. Are you sure they ruled out the ram being faulty? You can test that yourself with the app below. 

Link: https://www.memtest86.com/

I am runnig Windows defender , i already tested the ram with that software and the store too , no issues in ram 

1 hour ago, Rui Neves said:

I am runnig Windows defender , i already tested the ram with that software and the store too , no issues in ram 

🤔 Well, assuming you already completely ruled it out being software related, I have to conclude that your motherboard is the issue. Yeah, I know the store claimed its not hardware related, but I wouldn't put too much stock in what they say, going by my own experience dealing with this issue on my old PC. I'm willing to bet that your motherboards voltage regulator modules just can't handle the stress you are putting on it when doing certain strenuous tasks, like playing video games. And according to the review linked below, it looks like it just might be the case.

When I took my computer in for the same issue, they told me there was no hardware issue as well....yet it didn't take long before it started crashing and rebooting yet again. The crashing only went away for me when I finally replaced that piece of shit motherboard with one that is worth its salt. I know for a fact that it was the culprit since it was the last thing I replaced. So you might want to look into buying a new motherboard. I wouldn't go a dime below around $150 either, because once you go below $200, the motherboards build quality becomes very hit or miss (keeping in mind that the price tag still might not be accurately representative of its actual worth due to Covid19). Whenever I see language like this regarding a motherboards ability to handle stress, I consider it a red flag, and it should be avoided like the plague. ❌

Link: MSI A88XM-E35

In our recent FM2+ motherboard reviews [1,2], one of the common themes has been the ability of the motherboard power delivery to cope with temperature. When the power delivery is too hot, the system may cease to function or various benchmarks fail. Over-engineering the power delivery to be efficient has benefits, but increases the cost of the product. When I pulled the A88XM-E35 out of the box and saw no heatsink present, I was worried that the same issue would rear its head, and it did. Without additional VRM cooling, the A88XM-E35 caused an instant reboot on some of our more strenuous benchmarks (Agisoft, Handbrake). Therefore it should be noted that the results of this review were taken with an additional fan on the VRM cooling, and users of the A88XM-E35 should bare this in mind.

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

• 4 weeks later...

well my motherboard have like 6 or 7 years at least .... if the problem is the Motherboard I can´t say that the Motherboard is bad in my experience since I´ve always done everything in here ! only never overclocked anything ! 

since this was posted I have played a lot ! 1st thing that seem to work was removing my mouse , for seven days not a single reboot .... after 7 days a new reboot playing Hitman . So I changed my Power outlet again !  and after that , guess what .... 19 days without reboots , until this momment .... and was playing wwe battlegrounds !! So maybe you are right , maybe could be the motherboard , but what could I do , I can not change the Motherboard without knowing for 100% , I have to take it to the store again and they can say that is no hardware issue again :( . I think I will take to the store again , it´s my only change anyway ! 

The issue is very random anyway , the last time before this time was watching a Youtube video after PC being in idle for hours ! so not have to be with how much stress I am putting in components 

well my motherboard have like 6 or 7 years at least .... if the problem is the Motherboard I can´t say that the Motherboard is bad in my experience since I´ve always done everything in here ! only never overclocked anything ! 

since this was posted I have played a lot ! 1st thing that seem to work was removing my mouse , for seven days not a single reboot .... after 7 days a new reboot playing Hitman . So I changed my Power outlet again !  and after that , guess what .... 19 days without reboots , until this momment .... and was playing wwe battlegrounds !! So maybe you are right , maybe could be the motherboard , but what could I do , I can not change the Motherboard without knowing for 100% , I have to take it to the store again and they can say that is no hardware issue again :( . I think I will take to the store again , it´s my only change anyway ! 

The issue is very random anyway , the last time before this time was watching a Youtube video after PC being in idle for hours ! so not have to be with how much stress I am putting in components 

🤔 Well, I would say that it could be your power supply, but I trust that the service department at the store at least properly ruled that out, and that they know for sure that your power supply is an actual decent brand. You see, you said its only five months old, but that won't matter much if the make and model itself is just not a good one, any more than it would for a motherboard with low grade vrm's, with no heat sink to boot, adding even further insult to injury. It could be software related too. Maybe your anti-virus program is causing it. Certain ones like Bit Defender is well known to cause games to crash to the desktop, and even randomly reboot computers. I know this for a fact, because it did it to me before, until I uninstalled it. If you don't suspect a software conflict, and your power supply is really a decent model, then I have to conclude that it is the motherboard itself. The only other thing you could try is nuking the whole PC with a windows reinstall, but I doubt it will work. 🤷‍♂️

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

🤔 Well, I would say that it could be your power supply, but I trust that the service department at the store at least properly ruled that out, and that they know for sure that your power supply is an actual decent brand. You see, you said its only five months old, but that won't matter much if the make and model itself is just not a good one, any more than it would for a motherboard with low grade vrm's, with no heat sink to boot, adding even further insult to injury. It could be software related too. Maybe your anti-virus program is causing it. Certain ones like Bit Defender is well known to cause games to crash to the desktop, and even randomly reboot computers. I know this for a fact, because it did it to me before, until I uninstalled it. If you don't suspect a software conflict, and your power supply is really a decent model, then I have to conclude that it is the motherboard itself. The only other thing you could try is nuking the whole PC with a windows reinstall, but I doubt it will work. 🤷‍♂️

My PSU is one of the best PSU in the market for the price ( bitfenix formula gold of 550w) is one of the best rated even in this forum. 

I use Windows defender , I really don't think it's software related at this point .

15 minutes ago, Rui Neves said:

My PSU is one of the best PSU in the market for the price ( bitfenix formula gold of 550w) is one of the best rated even in this forum. 

I use Windows defender , I really don't think it's software related at this point .

🤷‍♂️ I mean, it looks like you already ruled out everything else at this point except your motherboard. You don't have anything to lose at this point but to replace it with one that has a decent vrm setup. The gaps between the frequency of crashes is not a real indication that its not the motherboard. It could happen at literally any time, when you least expect it to, just when you think you are in the clear. My old computer did the exact same thing. The last time I had it, it went about six months or so before it started crashing again, even though I reapplied MX-4 thermal paste to both processors. That was when I finally had enough of the damn thing and bought me a brand new high end motherboard. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

🤷‍♂️ I mean, it looks like you already ruled out everything else at this point except your motherboard. You don't have anything to lose at this point but to replace it with one that has a decent vrm setup. The gaps between the frequency of crashes is not a real indication that its not the motherboard. It could happen at literally any time, when you least expect it to, just when you think you are in the clear. My old computer did the exact same thing. The last time I had it, it went about six months or so before it started crashing again, even after I reapplied MX-4 thermal paste to both processors. That was when I finally had enough of the damn thing and bought me a brand new motherboard. 

Well PSU could make the same thing , right ? ,The PSU is good and only have 5 months but can be defective anyway , could it be Motherboard too  .. Since my PSU have 5 years warranty I dont want to spend money on a new motherboard if it is not the issue .... At least not now , I was planning upgrading my CPU to a Ryzen but because fucking COVID 19 it is just not a good time :( ... do not have any spare hardware to test it .... I think I have to ask to a store to do a test on my PSU and Motherboard ....

13 minutes ago, Rui Neves said:

Well PSU could make the same thing , right ? ,The PSU is good and only have 5 mobths but can be defective anyway , could it be Motherboard too  .. Since my PSU have 5 years warranty I dont want to spend money on a new motherboard if it is not the issue .... At least not now , I was planning upgrading my CPU to a Ryzen but because fucking COVID 19 it is just not a good time :( ... do not have any spare hardware to test it .... I think I have to ask to a store to do a test on my PSU and Motherboard ....

That's entirely up to you. Its easier to replace a power supply than a motherboard, so I guess you could replace it since its still under warranty, but I think you are wasting your time. The last thing I replaced was the power supply, and it STILL crashed, so that's how I knew for a fact it was the motherboard for me. And yours is apparently way better than mines was according to the reviews. Those guys in the store are really not any more knowledgeable about troubleshooting computer issues than any of the geeks on this website, that have way more experience than me. I know this for a fact after taking a couple of I.T courses. The trouble shooting in those books are super basic, and doesn't even tell you about the motherboards vrms or heat sink as a common cause of a computer crashing. So I'm not expecting those guys at the store to tell you anything different than what they already have. They'll probably still swear on their life that "its not a hardware issue". 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

2 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

That's entirely up to you. Its easier to replace a power supply than a motherboard, so I guess you could replace it since its still under warranty, but I think you are wasting your time. The last thing I replaced was the power supply, and it STILL crashed, so that's how I knew for a fact it was the motherboard for me. And yours is apparently way better than mines was according to the reviews. Those guys in the store are really not any more knowledgeable about trouble shooting computer issues than any of the geeks on this website, that have way more experience than me. I know this for a fact after taking a couple of I.T courses. The trouble shooting in those books are super basic, and doesn't even tell you about the motherboards vrms or heat sink as a common cause of a computer crashing. So I'm not expecting those guys at the store to tell you anything different than what they already have. They'll probably still swear on their life that "its not a hardware issue". 

Well every pc is a pc ... You are probably right but there's always a change that you are not since even the case could be the same the problem could not be the same , the PC's are not easy to troubleshoot that's why the books don't tell everything , if a book would tell everything would be more than 1000 pages  🤣 , like every work somethings are learned by experience and work harder  everyday . I myself have two IT courses  and know very well what you are talking about and how basic the books are sometimes , that's why most of my knowlage comes with self studying about IT but I have no hardware for spares so sometimes I have to take my computer to stores :/ to have sure to not waste money .... 

It's funny how I just made a stress test for 1h and played for about 20 min right after the restart and no issues at all now ! 

This cases are not in the books :P

anyway hope that you are right because since I want to upgrade the CPU is not very bad being MB fault the worst part is that in this momment is a very bad timing ! 

Well every pc is a pc ... You are probably right but there's always a change that you are not since even the case could be the same the problem could not be the same , the PC's are not easy to troubleshoot that's why the books don't tell everything , if a book would tell everything would be more than 1000 pages  🤣 , like every work somethings are learned by experience and work harder  everyday . I myself have two IT courses  and know very well what you are talking about and how basic the books are sometimes , that's why most of my knowlage comes with self studying about IT but I have no hardware for spares so sometimes I have to take my computer to stores :/ to have sure to not waste money .... 

It's funny how I just made a stress test for 1h and played for about 20 min right after the restart and no issues at all now ! 

This cases are not in the books :P

anyway hope that you are right because since I want to upgrade the CPU is not very bad being MB fault the worst part is that in this momment is a very bad timing ! 

Yeah, the least they could have added in those books are the crashes that can occur due to badly designed motherboards. I am finding the motherboard to be the problem far too often when it comes to the computer crashing. Right now is an awful time to be buying any computer, since they are charging you more than they are worth now. But its looking like you don't have a choice if it keeps crashing. The fact that you want to upgrade the CPU gives you even more of an incentive to get a better motherboard. The one you have is already stressing out with the CPU you have now, so if anything, the crashing will get worse with an even more powerful CPU. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

9 hours ago, BlackManINC said:

Yeah, the least they could have added in those books are the crashes that can occur due to badly designed motherboards. I am finding the motherboard to be the problem far too often when it comes to the computer crashing. Right now is an awful time to be buying any computer, since they are charging you more than they are worth now. But its looking like you don't have a choice if it keeps crashing. The fact that you want to upgrade the CPU gives you even more of an incentive to get a better motherboard. The one you have is already stressing out with the CPU you have now, so if anything, the crashing will get worse with an even more powerful CPU. 

I am planning to buy this combo :

R5 2600 

MSI B450-A Pro Max

G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16 Gunmetal

and it´s about 300€ in my country .... not very much and I think is very good for what I do in my computer 

3 hours ago, Rui Neves said:

I am planning to buy this combo :

R5 2600 

MSI B450-A Pro Max

G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16 Gunmetal

and it´s about 300€ in my country .... not very much and I think is very good for what I do in my computer 

So what exactly is your budget? This budget B550 motherboard below looks like it might be the absolute best one you can get when it comes to its vrm design. The vrms on that motherboard you picked might be ok for your CPU, but they aren't particularly that good either. 

Link: MSI MAG B550M BAZOOKA

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

5 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

So what exactly is your budget? This budget B550 motherboard below looks like it might be the absolute best one you can get when it comes to its vrm design. The vrms on that motherboard you picked might be fine for your CPU, but they aren't particularly that good either. 

Link: MSI MAG B550M BAZOOKA

My budget is that about 300 euros, I think I will be fine with the cpu , I just want to run games at 1080p at high or ultra ... For what I have seen this will do the job

Update : found this photo on my phone from march . Looks like the MB have some different coloration on that layer that I have made a red circle 

20200923_164547.jpg