A Chinese Router

M.A

Hi,

I am considering buying the Xiaomi AX3600

Regarding the security and spying issue, Do you think it's ok to buy a chinese router ?

Or Xiaomi is good enough and known company and I shouldnt be worry regard this issue ?

1 minute ago, M.A said:

Hi,

Regarding the security and spying issue, Do you think it's ok to buy a chinese router ?

Or Xiaomi is good enough and known company and I shouldnt be worry regard this issue ?

If you are really worried about that. Get a router that can run dd-wrt. It's costum firmware and you are in total control of everything.

Do you think those commies even care about your private data?

Are you some sort of government agent?

Don't worry about it.

Although is good to have routers that supports open source OS like OpenWrt / DDWRT / Tomato.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3 hours ago, M.A said:

Hi,

What are your alternatives? Why are you considering it in the first place? Do you have anything to hide?

7 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

What are your alternatives? Why are you considering it in the first place? Do you have anything to hide?

It's only for home use.

Because of the price I considered getting it instead of TP-Link/Dlink/Asus Alternatives.