Does Anyone Have Nearby Share Yet (And Should I?)

Do you have nearby share yet?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have nearby share yet?

• Yes (comment what phone + android version you have it on)
    • No

I'm interested to see if anyone on this forum has gotten android's new nearby share update yet (google's new airdrop competitor). Supposedly the feature released around two weeks ago to select Google and Samsung devices, and was supposed to be gradually released to all other android 6.0+ devices in the few weeks following that. However, two weeks later, I still don't see any sign of nearby share on my Samsung Galaxy S8. The nearby share update is supposed to roll out via a google play services update, but despite my constant manual checking, there doesn't seem to be an update for the app on my phone.

What I'm interested to see is does anyone else have the feature yet, and if so, on what phone? Does anyone else here have a Galaxy S8 that has gotten nearby share yet? Let me know if so and if there's any place I could check to get it that I'm missing.

Edit: I'm also not entirely sure whether this should have gone in the operating systems section or the phones section... My apologies if I've posted in the wrong place.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

2 minutes ago, danomicar said:

I don't see why many people would leave this feature turned on.

You don't have to leave it turned on... You can just turn it on when you want to share a file. You have to have the update for your phone in the first place to even use it though.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x