High refresh rate monitor for minimal gaming?

Is there any point in terms of general productivity of getting a high refresh rate monitor?

I game but I don't game a lot and I am looking for upgrades to my 1080p 16:9 60hz 24" Samsung

to a 1440p ultra wide I just don't know what sort of benifits there are to counteract the additional

cost of 120hz+.

Any advice welcome! :)

CPU: i7 6700

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 16GB DDR4 2133 MHZ

Storage: 2TB Crucial SATA SSD + 2TB WD BLUE

If you really enjoy the smoothness of high refresh rate, sure why not.

Aside from that There isn't really much of a point

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

14 minutes ago, Charlie Groves said:

Is there any point in terms of general productivity of getting a high refresh rate monitor?

I game but I don't game a lot and I am looking for upgrades to my 1080p 16:9 60hz 24" Samsung

to a 1440p ultra wide I just don't know what sort of benifits there are to counteract the additional

cost of 120hz+.

Any advice welcome! :)

Most cheap monitors will have worse color when at high refresh rate mode, not notably but a little bit. Sharpness/quality image of tiny things will be slightly less "nicer"

When I'm not gaming or doing something that doesn't require 120Hz I don't use high refresh rate

7 minutes ago, Jenko32 said:

Most cheap monitors will have worse color when at high refresh rate mode, not notably but a little bit. Sharpness/quality image of tiny things will be slightly less "nicer"

When I'm not gaming or doing something that doesn't require 120Hz I don't use high refresh rate

But the color problem can be solved by tweaking the colors while in high refresh rate mode so the they will not feel washed out

Ignoring these problems it's awesome when you play games