laptop cooling pads worth it???

M.R_KING

Is a laptop cooling pad worth it ???
My router got very hot and the internet was no longer slow and stable

If you put the router on one of the laptop cooling pads, it will cool down or stay hot ??? And the internet is unstable when it is hot, so i'm thinking of bringing a laptop cooling pad and putting it on the router, will you reduce the temperatures on the router and make the internet stable again ???

Will the router get stable again or will it stay the same temperatures ???

Routers get hot because they are on all the time, it shouldn't cause any issues.

Laptops getting hot is obviously a problem, it can cause them to thermal throttle. However it won't self destruct, unless it's really old and clogged with dust it will have been tested and proven to be safe at these tempuratures, so whether you want to do anything about it depends on what you're using it for. Just office work? Don't bother. Gaming? You may be losing performance so should look into whether it is thermal throttling and if it is if you can do anything about it.

Cooling matt's don't always work, they give the illusion of working by cooling the outside of the case so it's less hot to touch, you'd have to have a fan blowing I to one of the inlets to have an actual improvment and whether that would even work is questionable.

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

29 minutes ago, M.R_KING said:

Is a laptop cooling pad worth it

Not in my experience, 4 dominos to not block the fans under it worked better for me when i was using my older laptop.

No cooling pads, are generally not worth it, atleast the ones i tried, they general did just make the pc more huge and clonky to use and didnt really impact cooling much. However i tested that back in 2017 maybe they have taken a step forwards since then?

Also techquickie just made a video on this 'Laptop too hot topic.'

29 minutes ago, M.R_KING said:

If I put the router on one of the laptop cooling pads, it will cool down or will it stay hot ???

Router D Link DSL 2750U/RA/U3A| | - AliExpress

This is your router right?

It has cooling vents in the front, maybe try see if those are blocked off? or clean them?

2 minutes ago, WillLTT said:

Not in my experience, 4 dominos to not block the fans under it worked better for me when i was using my older laptop.

No cooling pads, are generally not worth it, atleast the ones i tried, they general did just make the pc more huge and clonky to use and didnt really impact cooling much. However i tested that back in 2017 maybe they have taken a step forwards since then?

Also techquickie just made a video on this 'Laptop too hot topic.'

Router D Link DSL 2750U/RA/U3A| | - AliExpress

This is your router right?

It has cooling vents in the front, maybe try see if those are blocked off? or clean them?

Yes this is my router

The front vents are not clogged and the temperatures are not good so can I put a small fan on these vents and it will cool down a little or not ???

7 minutes ago, M.R_KING said:

Yes this is my router

The front vents are not clogged and the temperatures are not good so can I put a small fan on these vents and it will cool down a little or not ???

Its worth a try atleast, if it works then great, if not then you could try to plug one these (tiny usb fan) if that doesnt work then i dont really know what todo.

s-l1600.jpg

if not then maybe you could get a tiny fridge or something (im just joking)

1 minute ago, WillLTT said:

Its worth a try atleast, if it works then great, if not then you could try to plug one these (tiny usb fan) if that doesnt work then i dont really know what todo.

s-l1600.jpg

if not then maybe you could get a tiny fridge or something (im just joking)

thanks for your help👍