How to sync RGB?

Linnuz

So I own a deepcool captain RGB AIO cooler and some Corsair RGB fans (HD120). Since my current mobo doesn't have a rgb header, I've been using each device own rgb external controller.

But now I'm upgrading my build and bought a mobo with RGB headers (an AsRock Steel Legend), can I plug then all on this header? If I buy a rgb splitter, will it work? Does an standart 4 pin splitter work?

Also the case that I've bought have a led controller on the front panel.

Simple answer, no.

The deepcool stuff is based on 4 pin 12V rgb this is +12V live wire then 1 wire each to control the R, G and B lines by modifying ground signal.

Corsair uses 2 different standards, but both are 5V, the 3 pin version is +5V live, Di (control signal) and Ground.

the 4 pin version is +5V live, Di (control signal), Dr (Return signal) and Ground.

The corsair 4 pin then is why with their fans you need to run a fan controller after the node pro and that why they must be plugged into the controller sequentially to maintain the return loop.

DO NOT PLUG THE CORSAIR FANS ONTO THE BOARDS RGB HEADER. YOU WILL DAMAGE SOMETHING.

Sadly if you had gone with an ASUS board there could have been a solution as Icue now supports a large ammount of their products through the board headers, I too have a system like yours with deepcool fans and other Corsair based RGB accessoriesd and wish they could be connected. But we all know that RGB is a scam and they just will not agree on a standard so we are just going to have to be careful what we buy and ensure that we don't mix up the different connection standards that use the same plugs...

5 hours ago, Linnuz said:

So I own a deepcool captain RGB AIO cooler and some Corsair RGB fans (HD120). Since my current mobo doesn't have a rgb header, I've been using each device own rgb external controller.

But now I'm upgrading my build and bought a mobo with RGB headers (an AsRock Steel Legend), can I plug then all on this header? If I buy a rgb splitter, will it work? Does an standart 4 pin splitter work?

Also the case that I've bought have a led controller on the front panel.

it says your mb has both rgb and argb headers so as long as the software can do both headers at the same time it should work. so the 4pin rgb fron the deepcool aio will plug in the the 4pin 12v rgb header on the mb

the corsair fan hub you will need an adapter to connect the to the mb 5v argb header (keep in mind that argb is pwm controlled and nor all argb runs at the same pwm frequency so it may or may not work)

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

5 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

it says your mb has both rgb and argb headers so as long as the software can do both headers at the same time it should work. so the 4pin rgb fron the deepcool aio will plug in the the 4pin 12v rgb header on the mb

the corsair fan hub you will need an adapter to connect the to the mb 5v argb header (keep in mind that argb is pwm controlled and nor all argb runs at the same pwm frequency so it may or may not work)

I have/had no ideia whats the difference between the rgb and argb. lol

I'll look into this adapter. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Linnuz said:

I have/had no ideia whats the difference between the rgb and argb. lol

I'll look into this adapter. Thanks.

oh rgb is like your normal rgb leds but made thin called an smd. you got your stranded 4 pins ground and 3 positive and you just dim one to mix and match colors. these are normally 12v or at lest the mb will all use 12v.

the argb is addressable rgb meaning each smd can have its own color on the strip unlike rgb the hole strip is one color. this is normal 5v and normally has 3pins.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

9 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

oh rgb is like your normal rgb leds but made thin called an smd. you got your stranded 4 pins ground and 3 positive and you just dim one to mix and match colors. these are normally 12v or at lest the mb will all use 12v.

the argb is addressable rgb meaning each smd can have its own color on the strip unlike rgb the hole strip is one color. this is normal 5v and normally has 3pins.

It seems that my case (Talos E1) comes with it's own fan/rgb controller, should I plug the Deepcool on that and this controller on my mb RGB header? (leaving the argb for the Corsair)

The case manual isn't very clear...

https://www.gamdias.com/User_Manuals/Gaming_Component/Gaming_Case/TALOS_E1.pdf

Or looking now at the mobo specs, there's these three connections...

- 1 x RGB LED Header*
- 1 x Addressable LED Header**
- 1 x AMD Fan LED Header***

*Supports in total up to 12V/3A, 36W LED Strip
**Supports in total up to 5V/3A, 15W LED Strip
***The AMD Fan LED Header supports LED strips of maximum load of 3A (36W) and length up to 2.5M.

So... Should I plug the deepcool RGB AIO on this AMD fan led header? Or that's just for the Wraith RGB cooler?

Why is this so confusing? This all should be plug and play.

Captura de tela 2020-08-14 234033.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Linnuz said:

It seems that my case (Talos E1) comes with it's own fan/rgb controller, should I plug the Deepcool on that and this controller on my mb RGB header? (leaving the argb for the Corsair)

The case manual isn't very clear...

https://www.gamdias.com/User_Manuals/Gaming_Component/Gaming_Case/TALOS_E1.pdf

Or looking now at the mobo specs, there's these three connections...

- 1 x RGB LED Header*
- 1 x Addressable LED Header**
- 1 x AMD Fan LED Header***

*Supports in total up to 12V/3A, 36W LED Strip
**Supports in total up to 5V/3A, 15W LED Strip
***The AMD Fan LED Header supports LED strips of maximum load of 3A (36W) and length up to 2.5M.

So... Should I plug the deepcool RGB AIO on this AMD fan led header? Or that's just for the Wraith RGB cooler?

Why is this so confusing? This all should be plug and play.

Captura de tela 2020-08-14 234033.jpeg

the case rgb controller will have proprietary connectors so i would not use it.

i dont no what the amd rgb header is just sounds like a normal header to me

well that plug in your fingers is the molex, 

AMD fan headers usually are planned to run on Razer Chroma, so you could plug it onto there, but you still cant sync them all.