SSD performing below potential

Godkidd

UserBenchmarks: 
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G - 76.1%
SSD: Kingston A400 240GB - 52.4%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (2016) - 93%
RAM: Unknown TEAMGROUP-UD4-2666 2x8GB - 85.8%
MBD: Gigabyte B450M DS3H

How can I fix ssd performing below potential?

Use proper benchmarking software like crystaldiskmark.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

47 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Nice build log you got there. Stay away from UserBenchmark.

Run CrystalDiskMark and send a screenshot of your results.

Thank you good sir.

Yeah, what makes you think it's underperforming? Just UserBenchmark?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

5 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Yeah, what makes you think it's underperforming? Just UserBenchmark?

I just ran userbenchmark coz I just build my first pc, Im a novice actually so I do research. I really appreciate all the tips though.

6 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Not a problem. Have you run CrystalDiskMark?

According to your drives spec sheet it should do 500 read 450 write

currently running just waiting for the result

Cinebench R15/R20 for CPU bench. 3DMark/Heaven for GPU bench. Heaven is a good all around system benchmark too. CrystalDiskMark for drives.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

7 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Cinebench R15/R20 for CPU bench. 3DMark/Heaven for GPU bench. Heaven is a good all around system benchmark too. CrystalDiskMark for drives.

I really like this group forums.Lots of informative stuffs and nice people.Thank you

17 minutes ago, Godkidd said:

currently running just waiting for the result

Here is the result can you give me a feed back on this?thank you

Crystaldiskmark.png

28 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Not a problem. Have you run CrystalDiskMark?

According to your drives spec sheet it should do 500 read 450 write

Here is the result can you give me a feed back on this?thank you

Crystaldiskmark.png

Are you sure you have selected SATA AHCI mode in your bios/uefi, instead of IDE mode?

2 minutes ago, JuganD said:

Are you sure you have selected SATA AHCI mode in your bios/uefi, instead of IDE mode?

nope, should i do that?my OS is windows 8.1 

Ill just google it

1 minute ago, Godkidd said:

nope, should i do that?my OS is windows 8.1 

Ill just google it

Keep in mind that there are some registry keys that also has to be changed in order to boot into Windows after changing to AHCI mode. They should be something like this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci - "Error Control" = 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci\StartOverride - "0" = 0

Though google it just to be sure, you can find many tutorials online how to change from IDE to AHCI mode without needing to reinstall Windows.

5 minutes ago, JuganD said:

Keep in mind that there are some registry keys that also has to be changed in order to boot into Windows after changing to AHCI mode. They should be something like this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci - "Error Control" = 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci\StartOverride - "0" = 0

Though google it just to be sure, you can find many tutorials online how to change from IDE to AHCI mode without needing to reinstall Windows.

dude ive checked it  and SATA mode is AHCI already

is the readings above bad?thats why you ask me if I selected AHCI?

9 minutes ago, Godkidd said:

dude ive checked it  and SATA mode is AHCI already

is the readings above bad?thats why you ask me if I selected AHCI?

It is under performing by A LOT. I've got the same SSD, that is why I was surprised by the results you showed. Just for reference, here are my results below. If you got the SSD's drivers up to date (I personally use Kingston SSD Manager to check for firmware updates) and still get this results there might be a problem with the SSD itself.

results.png

51 minutes ago, JuganD said:

It is under performing by A LOT. I've got the same SSD, that is why I was surprised by the results you showed. Just for reference, here are my results below. If you got the SSD's drivers up to date (I personally use Kingston SSD Manager to check for firmware updates) and still get this results there might be a problem with the SSD itself.

results.png

Wow..we have the same ssd yet yours is way better.I wonder what is the problem?maybe the hardware itself?

57 minutes ago, JuganD said:

results.png

also I've checked the kingston manager you told me and..voila 

Screenshot_(6).png