Help choosing between these two ultrawides?

Hey all! 

Currently got 3x 1080p 23" monitors. They're average but they've served me well over the last 7 and a half years.

Going to be swapping out two of these, for a 3440x1440 monitor, and keeping one on the side.

Need some help choosing between these two models:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-UltraWide-35WN73A-35-inch-Monitor-21/dp/B088LNHMZP/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&qid=1596830404&refinements=p_n_feature_two_browse-bin%3A12128847031&s=computers&sr=1-3 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LC34J791WTUXEN-34-Inch-LED-Monitor/dp/B07FBL6WSC/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&qid=1596830404&refinements=p_n_feature_two_browse-bin%3A12128847031&s=computers&sr=1-4

They look pretty similar, but with the LG having HDR10, and the Samsung being QLED. I'm aware that these are two completely different features, but this is the only thing I can see that tells them apart. Both of them are the same resolution, 100Hz, FreeSync. Samsung has a shorter response time (4ms as opposed to the 5ms of the LG), and the LG is 35" and not 34", which would mean slightly lower PPI. 

My question is then, would you rather the £550 Samsung QLED, or the £480 LG LED with HDR10?

Any input would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Rhys!

CURRENT: intel i9-10900K ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero ROG Strix RTX 3090 32GB 3600MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RM1000i Lian Li O11-Dynamic

OFFICE: intel i5-3570K ASUS Z77 mITX EVGA GTX 970 SC 16GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP Silverstone SFX PSU Fractal Design Node 202

Ignore HDR10. Utterly worthless spec.

The Samsung seems like the better display, but without reading reviews, I wouldn't make a choice.

13 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Ignore HDR10. Utterly worthless spec.

Why so? I know it has something to do with peak brightness, but I would imagine the peak brightness on both of these monitors surpasses what's needed to qualify for HDR10? 

Is there something to do with deeper blacks too? Idk tbh.

QLED technology - is that a good thing or another marketing gimmick for the same LED tech we've had for a decade now?

CURRENT: intel i9-10900K ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero ROG Strix RTX 3090 32GB 3600MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RM1000i Lian Li O11-Dynamic

OFFICE: intel i5-3570K ASUS Z77 mITX EVGA GTX 970 SC 16GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP Silverstone SFX PSU Fractal Design Node 202

1 minute ago, RhysMusique said:

Why so? I know it has something to do with peak brightness, but I would imagine the peak brightness on both of these monitors surpasses what's needed to qualify for HDR10? 

Is there something to do with deeper blacks too? Idk tbh.

QLED technology - is that a good thing or another marketing gimmick for the same LED tech we've had for a decade now?

There is no display requirement for HDR 10 certification other than DP 1.4 and HDMI 2.0 and an 8-bit panel.

HDR10 has nothing to do with deeper blacks. It's all about color correction.

QLED is pretty neat. One advantage is a higher contrast.
LG has a similar technology called Nano IPS.

But all of this doesn't really matter, because image quality still depends mostly on the panel and build quality of the display.

Those are things you can't find in a specsheet. That's why I recommended to check out reviews.