nVidia Control Panel won't let me change any settings.

NicoV

I really need help, this is going to drive me insane.

One week ago I got a new laptop with a GTX 1650 and a 4800H. I quickly realized that Minecraft was running on the Vega 7 on the 4800H, and wanted to change that to the GTX 1650. I eventually found the nVidia control panel and was able to set it to the 1650, and my FPS tripled. A few days later I decided see if GeForce experience had anything interesting, so I made an account and logged in. It then said "Do you want to optimize your games?" I clicked yes and then started going through the various pages in the app. I then decided there was nothing interesting. I then resumed playing Minecraft, but the FPS had dropper down. I, again, quickly realized that it was back to running on the Vega 7. So I opened the nVidia control panel again and saw that it had reverted back to: "Auto Select: Integrated". I tried to change it, but clicking on the grey bar did nothing when previously there was a drop down list that let me select between a few options, dedication 1650 being the important one.

Two days later and I still can't change any settings. I've tried DDUing the drivers and reinstalling them, but it didn't work. I was really excited for what was a massive upgrade, finally getting a dGPU, but now it's just sitting there, slowly eating through my battery.