Is this normal? Brand new Pc 37x background hissing noise

LOST TALE
Go to solution Solved by LOST TALE,
24 minutes ago, DankDeuxez said:

NEVER use the front audio connectors on your case. Its not as good as just plugging them into your mobo directly.

While trying to figure out how to plug two audio output devices in the back of the mobo, and going to playback mic to test the back mic connection. I noticed it was set to +10 boost by default.

The boost was boosting up tiny static from 0db up to 10db lol.

I tested with and without the 10db boost in front and back and the problem is clearly the boost.

edit: actually the front panel is 80% and boost is about 20% of the problem.

I get a continuous background hissing noise when in continuous activation. People also report it when I talk with push to talk or voice activation. I'm considering that maybe I should return it.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

where and how are you plugging it in

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

Just now, DaJakerBoss said:

where and how are you plugging it in

Front HD audio. Audio in audio. mic in mic.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

5 hours ago, LOST TALE said:

that might be your issue, not the actual headphones. Try using the direct plugs on the motherboard and see if that makes a difference, if not then you might return the headphones and try another pair, and if that doesn't work you may need a separate DAC

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

11 minutes ago, DaJakerBoss said:

NEVER use the front audio connectors on your case. Its not as good as just plugging them into your mobo directly.

Thanks I'll try this later.

24 minutes ago, DankDeuxez said:

While trying to figure out how to plug two audio output devices in the back of the mobo, and going to playback mic to test the back mic connection. I noticed it was set to +10 boost by default.

The boost was boosting up tiny static from 0db up to 10db lol.

I tested with and without the 10db boost in front and back and the problem is clearly the boost.

edit: actually the front panel is 80% and boost is about 20% of the problem.