Motherboard and powersupply future connectivity issues?

Budget (including currency):  Not relevant

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  Games (Rust, War Thunder, etc.)

Other details:

I'm not sure if the psu and the motherboard are completely compatible.

The psu:  COOLER MASTER MasterWatt Lite 700W 80Plus ATX (MPX-7001-ACABW-EU

The motherboard: ASUS PRIME X570-P, DDR4, SATA3, USB3.2Gen2, AM4 ATX

I'm worried because I checked pcpartpicker  where it states that the two parts aren't fully compatible. I pinned the text below. But the site I'm buying the psu and motherboard from hasn't listed any issues and the site claims that the psu has the additional 12v power connector as you can see on the other pinned image below.  So did I miss anything and they aren't fully compatible or is pcpartpicker wrong?

Any help is appreciated!

20200803_181639.jpg

20200804_100015.jpg

The motherboard has 8pin and 4pin CPU power connectors. Unless you are doing really heavy overclocking, the 8pin is enough. 4pin is used for supplying extra current in those heavy OC situations.

For normal usage, not really necessary. The 8pin can supply plenty of power. So you're fine.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

Yes they are fully compatible, hell you can use a 16 year old PSU inside a modern PC.

Your motherboard has an additional connector that you don't really need unless you do some XOC.

My board has one too and you don't really need it, if you want to plug something in you can still use a PCIe to EPS 

Main PC [The Rig of Theseus]:

CPU: i5-8600K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: GTX 1660 | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3000 MHz | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic | PSU: Corsair RM 650i | SSD: Corsair MP510 480 GB |  HDD: 2x 6 TB WD Red| Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | OS: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

Secondary PC [Why did I bother]:

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G | GPU: Vega 3 iGPU | RAM: 8 GB DDR4 3000 MHz | Case: Corsair 88R | PSU: Corsair VS 650 | SSD: WD Green M.2 SATA 120 GB | Motherboard: MSI A320M-A PRO MAX | OS: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

Server [Solution in search of a problem]:

Model: HP DL360e Gen8 | CPU: 1x Xeon E5-2430L v1 | RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1066 MHz | SSD: Kingston A400 120 GB | OS: VMware ESXi 7

Server 2 electric boogaloo [A waste of electricity]:

Model: intel NUC NUC5CPYH | CPU: Celeron N3050 | RAM: 2GB DDR3L 1600 MHz | SSD: Kingston UV400 120 GB | OS: Debian Bullseye

Laptop:

Model: ThinkBook 14 Gen 2 AMD | CPU: Ryzen 7 4700U | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz | OS: Windows 11 Pro

Photography:

Cameras:

Full Frame digital: Sony α7

APS-C digital: Sony α100

Medium Format Film: Kodak Junior SIX-20

35mm Film:

Lenses:

Sony SAL-1870 18-70mm ƒ/3.5-5.6 

Sony SAL-75300 75-300mm ƒ/4.5-5.6

Meike MK-50mm ƒ/1.7

PSA: No, I didn't waste all that money on computers, (except the main one) my server cost $40, the intel NUC was my old PC (although then it had 8GB of ram, I gave the bigger stick of ram to a person who really needed it), my laptop is used and the second PC is really cheap.

I like tinkering with computers and have a personal hatred towards phones and everything they represent (I daily drive an iPhone 7, or a 6, depends on which one works that day)

The compatibality note stated that the mobo has 2 EPS headers: 1 full 8 pin and an extra 4 pin for extra power, while your psu only provides 1 8 pin EPS connector only.

Nevertheless, your system should still work with the single 8 pin connector, as the extra 4 pin one is due to AMD's presumption of how power hungry their cpu are which turns out they dont need all power from the 12 pins to be able to run 

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream
thank you :D 

Anyway, can I take a look at your list? @Falcondor

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream

@ProBottler

The gpu isn't listed because its gonna be my old 1050ti   that I'm gonna use while im waiting for a good discount on the 2070 super

20200804_101836.jpg

The PSU is my only criticization. You dont need 700w of power even if youre going to overclock your compoments. In my opinion you can get away with 650w, even 500-550w PSU

A kid with a dream

l

9 minutes ago, Falcondor said:

@ProBottler

The gpu isn't listed because its gonna be my old 1050ti   that I'm gonna use while im waiting for a good discount on the 2070 super

20200804_101836.jpg

Also, why the x570 if you arent using an "X" skew of CPU? could you save some money and go with a b450/b550??

Just now, owencrispy said:

why the x570

Probably pcie gen 4 future proof.
But yea, its unnecessary, a B550 A-Pro or the good ole B450 Tomahawk Max would be enough

A kid with a dream

7 minutes ago, owencrispy said:

using an "X" skew of CPU

My personal opinion, those X sku cpus are a way for AMD to charge you 50 usd extra with the only advantage is better binned silicon for your XOC needs at best

A kid with a dream

Just now, ProBottler said:

My personal opinion, those X sku cpus are a way for AMD to charge you 50 usd extra with the only advantage is better binned silicon for your XOC needs at best

exactly why i chose the 2600 over the 2600x, it wasnt worth the extra £45

46 minutes ago, ProBottler said:

The PSU is my only criticization. You dont need 700w of power even if youre going to overclock your compoments. In my opinion you can get away with 650w, even 500-550w PSU

The 700w psu is me  futureproofing  and because most 2070 supers I've seen recommend at least 650w of power

4 minutes ago, Falcondor said:

The 700w psu is me  futureproofing  and because most 2070 supers I've seen recommend at least 650w of power

Dont need to, the recommended PSU wattage by the manufacture has already counted your cpu and other parts' power consumption

Heres the power consuption in GPU intensive workloads
spacer.png

And heres an example in F1 2019spacer.png

As you can see, the GPU can only pulls 265.2W at its best ability. So imo 700w is overkill

Edited by ProBottler

A kid with a dream