local ip adress and port forward

Flawizz
Go to solution Solved by Master Disaster,
Just now, Flawizz said:

wait what it is correct now, it said .56 instead of .0

any clue why?

Its generally a sign that Windows has lost connection to the DHCP server and when it tried to renew the IP it got no response or it can indicate theres a software issue with the network stack.

Either way it fixed itself so your good.

Hi, i want to open some ports with portforwarding, but my isp website only allows me to edit the last 3 numbers of my local ip adress, the rest is 192.168.0

but my local ip adress is 192.168.56 instead of .0

what does this mean and how can i fix this?

image.png.856390bef5a863c8bc21d2d39644d7f2.png

Why are you changing your computer ip?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

It means you're on a subnet.

Not gonna help you any more because its impossible to know if you actually have permission to open ports on the network.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Why are you changing your computer ip?

where did i say that? i just want to open a port, this is where i give the local ip adress to open the port on

Just now, Flawizz said:

where did i say that? i just want to open a port, this is where i give the local ip adress to open the port on

Well that looks like a computer ip and not a place where you specify port etc

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

It means you're on a subnet.

Not gonna help you any more because its impossible to know if you actually have permission to open ports on the network.

idk what it means but im connected via ethernet to a switch which is connectec to the modem directly

1 minute ago, Kanna said:

Well that looks like a computer ip and not a place where you specify port etc

idk if this might help, but this is where i port forward

image.png.79bbb0f7782d24c6b3761c21bf3a6b45.png

Just now, Flawizz said:

idk if this might help, but this is where i port forward

image.png.79bbb0f7782d24c6b3761c21bf3a6b45.png

Have you tried putting only 2 numbers?

Reminder⚠️

1 minute ago, Flawizz said:

idk what it means but im connected via ethernet to a switch which is connectec to the modem directly

Can you prove that? Like take a pic of the modem and post it?

Sorry for being cautious but you only normally encounter subnets on very large networks, the kinds found in corporations and universities with hundreds of computers.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

i mean i have the exact same setup as i did before, and my ipv4 had no .56 but rather a .0

i have no clue why, the only thing i added is a tplink T6E archer wifi card incase something wrong happens with my ethernet

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Can you prove that? Like take a pic of the modem and post it?

Sorry for being cautious but you only normally encounter subnets on very large networks, the kinds found in corporations and universities with hundreds of computers.

sure2084347848_modempic1.thumb.jpeg.8ac808915e598acb267074ab49d3543d.jpeg

1 minute ago, Flawizz said:

sure2084347848_modempic1.thumb.jpeg.8ac808915e598acb267074ab49d3543d.jpeg

Where is the switch is it in another room?

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

Where is the switch is it in another room?

switch is in my room next to the computer

can take pic if necessary

Just now, Flawizz said:

switch is in my room next to the computer

can take pic if necessary

Sure

Reminder⚠️

Fair enough, sorry I had to check I wasn't helping you bypass a school network restriction.

There's clearly some NAT taking place somewhere. Are you sure that's a modem & a router and not 2 routers? That looks like a very chonky modem.

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Fair enough, sorry I had to check I wasn't helping you bypass a school network restriction.

There's clearly some NAT taking place somewhere. Are you sure that's a modem & a router and not 2 routers? That looks like a very chonky modem.

My modem looks like that but a little smaller in the height

Reminder⚠️

1 minute ago, Kanna said:

Sure

104303005_switchpic1.thumb.jpeg.8ac69de5decdfd1252fb4858a37a7a46.jpegblue line is the cable incoming from the modem, red line is the cable going into the pc which i am trying to port forward on right now

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

no, it definitly is a modem, and the black one is a router.

Just now, Flawizz said:

blue line is the cable incoming from the modem, red line is the cable going into the pc which i am trying to port forward on right now

The switch isn't really important. We need to find out where your IP address is being translated.

Could you open command prompt, type "ipconfig" and hit enter then take a screenshot and post it. Don't worry, all the IP addresses are internal so you won't be giving anybody anything useful.

11 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

The switch isn't really important. We need to find out where your IP address is being translated.

Could you open command prompt, type "ipconfig" and hit enter then take a screenshot and post it. Don't worry, all the IP addresses are internal so you won't be giving anybody anything useful.

7 minutes ago, Flawizz said:

any clue why?

Your IP is 192.168.0.185. Where did you get that other number from?

Just now, Flawizz said:

any clue why?

What says .56 it shouldn't say that it should say 185 there doesn't seem to be any problem in the first place

Reminder⚠️

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Your IP is 192.168.0.185. Where did you get that other number from?

exact same place under ethernet adapter, im so confused

Just now, Flawizz said:

any clue why?

Its generally a sign that Windows has lost connection to the DHCP server and when it tried to renew the IP it got no response or it can indicate theres a software issue with the network stack.

Either way it fixed itself so your good.