New PC

MRogers

Budget (including currency): $650 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: COD and maybe streaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I have never built a computer. I am using my parents old Dell and it has been bad. I have saved up $650 and need help choosing the parts and also need some videos on building for a beginner.

Thank you for any help given.

3 minutes ago, MRogers said:

Budget (including currency): $650 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: COD and maybe streaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I have never built a computer. I am using my parents old Dell and it has been bad. I have saved up $650 and need help choosing the parts and also need some videos on building for a beginner.

Thank you for any help given.

Don't worry friend, I'm here to help you can build a pretty beastly machine with a budget like this one. First I recommend you watch this video to learn how to properly allocate budget 

and these to learn to build 

With a budget like that you'll get a lot more for your money going used.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

or you could go with this, you could fit a 3300x if you find one and for a reasonable price, but they're all out of stock sadly, at least according to pcpp, but a 3300x is around 20-40 buck more. 

as for a video.

i don't mind this one. 

Edited by TofuHaroto

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Just now, Som3a said:

Don't worry friend, I'm here to help you can build a pretty beastly machine with a budget like this one.

I will also do my best to put together a parts list for you for your budget

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Thank you for replying. I looked at these lists and at the top it says compatibilty warning, does that mean its not going to work?

I put this together for you, should be a pretty good gaming machine I did leave a bit of budget in case you wanted to modify something yourself. Looking forward for your build! Welcome to PCMR!

Just now, MRogers said:

Thank you for replying. I looked at these lists and at the top it says compatibilty warning, does that mean its not going to work?

No just means you need to update your motherboard BIOS, you can ask your retailer to help though

Linus makes it look really easy in the video. He used a different type solid state drive, is that type better? Windows is free?