Anything better than IE80s in that price range?

Keen_Interest

Hey, I'm looking for a set of IEMs. I already have headphones, but I want something a little more convenient for running, and being out and about. 

So, anything better in that price range? (They're £225, not willing to go over £250).

Cheers!

BEATS BY DRE THEY THE BEST HEADPHONES BY DOCTER DRE

I hope you're kidding..... whenever I need help with a product I'll google best bla bla bla and I'll find a list and look at reviews, you might find better headphones for way less, I'm really into the Teufel Aureol Fidelity, you might not be able to get them in your country

I hope you're kidding..... whenever I need help with a product I'll google best bla bla bla and I'll find a list and look at reviews, you might find better headphones for way less, I'm really into the Teufel Aureol Fidelity, you might not be able to get them in your country

"Beats By Dre" is a joke ;-)

I'm using In Ear Sennheiser earphones right now ( CX 250s )

I had the IE80. They split at the Y connector after about 8 months of normal use (I just used them on the train.).

The Grado GR10 is quite good. Maybe see if you can get them on sale?

"Beats By Dre" is a joke ;-)

I'm using In Ear Sennheiser earphones right now ( CX 250s )

hahaha okay xD I knew people like that wouldn't hang out on this forum

I had the IE80. They split at the Y connector after about 8 months of normal use (I just used them on the train.).

The Grado GR10 is quite good. Maybe see if you can get them on sale?

Okay, maybe you're thinking of a different model or something but I'm looking at my IE80's here and the Y connector is built like a tank with an additional separator above it. There's no WAY that splits with normal use.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Okay, maybe you're thinking of a different model or something but I'm looking at my IE80's here and the Y connector is built like a tank with an additional separator above it. There's no WAY that splits with normal use.

No, it was the IE80.

The insulator started splitting around the moulded join, and then eventually the cable broke.

No, it was the IE80.

The insulator started splitting around the moulded join, and then eventually the cable broke.

Right well bad luck I guess x3

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

You could try getting a custom molded something or other?

Sennheiser IEMs have shit for cables.

ya sennheiser iems have terrible Cables.

I use a pair of IE8i (which arguably has an even worse cable than the 80s) . Literally in Canadian cold, it was the first cable to freeze (like the cable would stiffen up to the point where you cannot bend it).

Haven't had a problem yet, but at least they're replacable :P

Haven't had a problem yet, but at least they're replacable :P

I'm just a little butt hurt about my IE60's cable.

you can look into Shure se425 or se535, im not sure how the exchange works for in the UK but in the US they around that price range.

Creative Build Name Here

i7 3930K | Rampage IV Extreme | NH-U14S | GTX 680 x2 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Coolermaster 1000W | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro | Western Digital Black 2TB x2 | 12GB RAM Disk | HE-500 Headphones

All in the Fractal Design Define XL R2

Thanks for all the advice and guidance, looks like it'll be a toss up between the iE80 (don't have to deal with the same level of cold here in England) and the Shure se425.

thanks again!