Best Hackintosh Laptop for Under $350

Go to solution Solved by kelvinhall05,
1 minute ago, Ryan005 said:

Ok that sounds good is there any particular models or years you recommend or is it just whatever is in the budget?

It depends on what the local market (preferably business surplus or whatever) is like in your area. You could maybe find an X260 or T460/T460S, although you're more likely to find an X230/40/50 or T430/40/40S/50/50S.

Hey Guys It's (Ryan?) Anyways I am a windows guy but i do like mac os so i've always wanted to install macos but i don't know what laptop to get. I'm completely fine taking apart the computer and installing some stuff that's at least reasonably easy to do. And I just want to know what other components i need to use imessage facetime, etc (if that's possible). I would really appreciate responses. Thanks! (Note, I kinda need a 1080p display because i'm spoiled like that)

Edited by Ryan005
I forgot To talk about 1080p Screen

Hey Guys It's (Ryan?) Anyways I am a windows guy but i do like mac os so i've always wanted to install macos but i don't know what laptop to get. I'm completely fine taking apart the computer and installing some stuff that's at least reasonably easy to do. And I just want to know what other components i need to use imessage facetime, etc (if that's possible). I would really appreciate responses. Thanks!

Your answer is one YouTube search away

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

4 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Your answer is one YouTube search away

Thanks for helping but the screen is kind of a dealbreaker for me because it's not ips and 760p but i love your profile pic and name!

44 minutes ago, Ryan005 said:

Thanks for helping but the screen is kind of a dealbreaker for me because it's not ips and 760p but i love your profile pic and name!

Change the screen after, if you want a out of the gate 1080p laptop, look at a older thinkpad with 1080p screen. Overall 350$ is not a lot for what your asking, good screens costs a lot of money, especially paired with good specs. 

19 minutes ago, The Sloth said:

Change the screen after, if you want a out of the gate 1080p laptop, look at a older thinkpad with 1080p screen. Overall 350$ is not a lot for what your asking, good screens costs a lot of money, especially paired with good specs. 

Well, to be fair, OP will likely have to get a used Thinkpad and upgrade the screen himself. Either way, not a hard thing to do, and that is what I would personally recommend (regardless of Hackintosh or not, although a Thinkpad will work great).

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, Ryan005 said:

Just to get this straight: You want a $350 laptop but you want a better one than You can get for $350, and it’s got to also run macOS, correct?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

13 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Well, to be fair, OP will likely have to get a used Thinkpad and upgrade the screen himself. Either way, not a hard thing to do, and that is what I would personally recommend (regardless of Hackintosh or not, although a Thinkpad will work great).

Ok that sounds good is there any particular models or years you recommend or is it just whatever is in the budget?

It depends on what the local market (preferably business surplus or whatever) is like in your area. You could maybe find an X260 or T460/T460S, although you're more likely to find an X230/40/50 or T430/40/40S/50/50S.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈