Ultrawide not getting full resolution from laptop

I have the Sceptre 35 Inch ultrawide (C355W-3440UN), plugged into a ASUS ZenBook 13 (UX330UA-AH55) which has Intel UHD 620 graphics. In Display Settings, Windows won't let go choose above 2560x1080.

- The cable I'm using is HDMI to Micro HDMI (this specific one).

- I've tested a more powerful gaming laptop and I can get the full 3440x1440 res.

- I've made sure the Intel graphics drivers are up to date

So it either comes down to the cable or the laptop that is the bottleneck. The Amazon page for the cable claims it can do 4k, and so does Intel UHD 620... So I'm not sure what is causing this.

Make sure you have correct drivers, maybe your iGPU can't reach it despite what it says, but I'm pretty sure it's your cable casing the issue. Do you know what version of HDMI your cable is.

Edited by Cat101

I also lack post processing when I post so please refresh before replying as I probably edited my response!

Quote me if you want a reply! :)

4 minutes ago, Cat101 said:

Make sure you have correct drivers, maybe your iGPU can't reach it despite what it says, but I'm pretty sure it's your cable casing the issue. Do you know what version of HDMI your cable is.

I included a link to the cable, it says "Meets the latest HDMI standards", but no HDMI version anywhere. Do you think I should try a different micro HDMI cable? 

what HDMI revision is that laptop?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, Garrzilla said:

Do you think I should try a different micro HDMI cable? 

Yes

I also lack post processing when I post so please refresh before replying as I probably edited my response!

Quote me if you want a reply! :)

1 hour ago, Moonzy said:

what HDMI revision is that laptop?

Not sure what HDMI version. I found the right drivers and also updated Windows. I realized shutting the laptop also helped, I was able to get it up to 2560x1440. In advanced display settings, it says Active Signal Resolution is 2560x1440. Still a bottleneck somewhere.

1 minute ago, Garrzilla said:

Not sure what HDMI version. I found the right drivers and also updated Windows. I realized shutting the laptop also helped, I was able to get it up to 2560x1440. In advanced display settings, it says Active Signal Resolution is 2560x1440. Still a bottleneck somewhere.

hmm... not too sure, havent seen such a bug

could be that the igpu couldnt handle such high resolution? unlikely tho

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately