display output does not fill monitor screen

ColdPressCoconutOil

hello!

i am stuck with a rather trash pc right now in my native city. this acer monitor is the one im using here. the display output doesnt fill the monitor screen, and there are blank black spaces near the side bezels. the top and bottom bezels are, however, filled properly. (please see images)

i am running a pc with the following specs:

i am running windows 7 on this PC, and in the display control panel, setting any resolution above or below 1280x768 gives a irregular display, and any resolution above 1280x1024 gives no output at all.

any reasons as to why this happens, and any way for me to fill the monitor screen? thanks in advance for your help :D

pee.jpg

poo.jpg

Capture.PNG

😕

I wish I could help YOU but I have no idea in this field. I recommend tweaking your monitor settings.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

Celeric07

10 minutes ago, Imaginationac said:

1280 x 768 is a 15:9 aspect ratio. Your monitor is 16:9.

yeah, i understand that, but thats the thing. any other resolution i set it too gives me all weird looking outputs. setting it in a 16:9 resolution lower than 1280x768 (1280x720) gives me very uncomfortable outputs, its enlarged way too much, very unclear and blur, and some parts of the screen arent shown unless i move the window.

resolution higher than 1280x768 of 16:9 wont even output. i get a blank screen and a message from the monitor that says "Input not supported"

😕

You can’t get higher resolutions because your monitor doesn’t support them. From the product page

• Native Resolution
    1366 x 768 at 60 Hz

Just now, Imaginationac said:

You can’t get higher resolutions because your monitor doesn’t support them. From the product page

yeah lmao i knew that, thats why i came here for help. the blank spaces between the bezels and screen are very unsettling, and wanted to know if it was possible to get rid of them

😕

If the monitor has a setting for stretching the output, sure, but that will obviously stretch the image. Otherwise, if the output aspect ratio and display aspect ratio don’t match, you’ll see those bars.

3 minutes ago, Imaginationac said:

If the monitor has a setting for stretching the output, sure, but that will obviously stretch the image. Otherwise, if the output aspect ratio and display aspect ratio don’t match, you’ll see those bars.

nah i tried to do all of those, no luck :/

so its a no go, eh?

😕